You can’t deny Tomorrow Never Knows is pretty influential and ahead of its time for pop music...

You can’t deny Tomorrow Never Knows is pretty influential and ahead of its time for pop music, give me stuff that’s more out there, from that time

Attached: 9D28431D-26E8-4B7F-88AD-5EEBE951BC70.jpg (316x316, 97.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vNaUSoN6Cjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everybody mentions Tomorrow Never Knows but nobody mentions Rain

Listen to real music youtu.be/vNaUSoN6Cjk

Wonderwall Music

Came here to say this

It's goid but nowhere near as crazy as Tomorrow Never Knows

*Good

Yep. Lots of great Beatles songs from that era, but TNK is a tall order. Maybe the most ahead of it's time song across their entire catalog, even now it sounds like it's from the future

That just proves that Revolver/Rubber Soul era is really peak Beatles and everything after that is just a decline.

Imagine being Brian Wilson and hearing this for the first time knowing you'll never get close to that level of genius

Oh no no wilsonbros....

Is Rubber Soul actually good? I don't care much for folkish music

oh yeah so innovative it's literally one chord for 4 minutes

>give me stuff that’s more out there,
Literally anything on Pet Sounds.

Why don't you just listen to it?
If you haven't, rubber soul to abbey road is worth going through, if not for anything else, just cultural context.
Skip yellow submarine and let it be unless you hunger for more. The Early Beatles stuff is also pretty good, but is really has more of a 60's boyband vibe than the rest, and is interesting for other reasons than the post-weed phase.

>t. theorylet

as usual tripfags have no clue what they're talking about

the early beatles music doesn't sound like a 60's boyband to anyone who actually listens- it sounds like a bar band covering tons of genres like mambo, cha-cha and skiffle

the 2 that george has on yellow sub are a good listen

rubber soul - revolver - sgt pepper is my favorite album trio for sure, what a trip

>A 60's boy band didn't play mambo, cha-cha and skiffle
I'm not saying it's a bad thing
I can certainly see why someone would prefer early Beatles, but it's very clearly amphetamine music and lacks the psychedelia of later Beatles

With this album the Beatles left behind rock and roll to get closer to pop music, the pop music of the Brill Building, that is, a genre of pop that sees Revolver as its masterpiece. (At the time melodic songs all over the world were inspired by the Brill Building). Of course Revolver was a thousand years late. That same year Dylan had released Blonde On Blonde, a double album with compositions fifteen minutes long, and Frank Zappa had released Freak Out, also a double album, in collage format. Rock music was experimenting with free form jams as in Virgin Forest by the Fugs, Up In Her Room by the Seeds, Going Home by the Rolling Stones. The songs of the Beatles truly belonged to another century.

Is there anything like Tomorrow Never Knows made before Revolver by contemporary bands?

>the Fugs
Hehehe