Lads!

Lads!

Talk to me about Avenged Sevenfold: What's the consensus? Are they any good?

I have hitherto completely avoided them because they look a bunch of faggots, but are they though?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 69.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/433S3tuuB94
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know you, but something tells me you'd enjoy them.

They suck, unlike Carole King, who is awesome xx

Attached: carolekingmichaelochs_custom-a892d040023158be894ec7b599998baa951f33ec.jpg (2400x2353, 2.48M)

they're like putting all the shitty boomer rock/metal into a blender, absolutely horrendous

I like them, they are basically a lot of classic metal put into a blender and it works. Their earlier metalcore material I think is weaker but it's still not bad for the genre.

Solid band, they filter /mu

>literally christian music
>straight metal
>pleasure to listen to
>having soul
Yes, they are based

Attached: WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-09-at-15.07.31.jpg (720x960, 89.81K)

>the consensus?
Pretty solid metal band that often gets mislabeled as metalcore for a bunch of reasons.

i just listen to the devil wears prada - plagues and dear love a beautiful discord

City of Evil is a great trad heavy revival album

I stopped listening to them after hail to the king came out. Did I miss out on much?

The Stage is pretty cool

yes
youtu.be/433S3tuuB94

they're a bit gay

listen to bat country

anyone else think this is the stupidest fucking logo ever? Just looks like a goofy head with big ears.

I miss him

Attached: E4AD15BE-615F-4E41-88ED-AC5640138F40.jpg (250x375, 35.11K)

Anthem esq butt rock. Most comparable band would be Disturbed imo (I dont listen to this genre of music often unless it comes on the radio) A lot of diamonds in the rough, but have to wade through a slough of shit to find them. Thier first album is ok if you like metal core.

Diamonds in the rough is pretty overlooked

Attached: 1BF251B9-BF17-410C-B365-F17E69753E51.jpg (300x263, 50.71K)

Every avenged sevenfold fan I've met have been utter musical brainlets and manbabies
It's become almost like a musical litmus test to see if im able to work with people
It hasn't failed me yet
That said, they're not that bad, just boring

Yes they are a bunch of faggots.

Their earlier stuff had better vocals but the frontman tore his larynx or something. Their first hyped single, Bat Country had him singing poppy shit like
>oh oh oh
as a boyband would.

Instrumentally they still have good parts, they even got Mike Portnoy to fill-in for their departed drummer on Nightmare. Yet they are one of those bands where I can't listen to much beyond the vocalless versions of some tracks.