Just heard the final mix of one my singles and holy fuck I might actually make it bros, the production level is insane

just heard the final mix of one my singles and holy fuck I might actually make it bros, the production level is insane

Attached: E6A8B36E-FF02-49B3-8D0D-2F341CCC3405.jpg (1242x1229, 960.3K)

i bet it's kinda wack man. what was your vocal chain

why dont you post this on your blog instead you attention seeking faggot

Because he's a 14 year old eurofag making shitty electronic music on his pirated daw. This is the only place he knows that might actually listen to his music.

I have no clue what my vocal chain was, I just write songs and play instruments. I learned many years ago to let professional engineers mix my music instead of fucking around

I actually find electronic music quite soulless

Nta but if done right it can have alot of soul to it, i love synth leads just not the shitty piano roll trash that gets shat out at coachella every year

I use synths as sort of a spice, the rhythm section has to be acoustic drums and electric or upright bass. I do use a lot of electronic percussion as textures surrounding the acoustic drums.

Played the bass part on this single with my P bass, really pleased with the results

a little knowledge goes a long way, if i were you i'd try and pay more attention to that sort of thing in the future.

I’m sorry did I distract you from the k-pop and Grimes threads user? My sincerest apologies

If you're so fucking pleased, why don't you post it? All this information about your feelings about your own music is completely irrelevant to anyone but yourself unless you actually show us what you're talking about

inb4 it's super fucking stupid baby shit

if he actually paid for recording and mixing and is gonna release it professionally leaking it on this forum don't really make sense from his perspective

It’s wise to delegate and play to your strengths. I have a general idea of what’s going on but the guy mixing my record is nominated for a Grammy right now so I’m not really able to keep up with his levels of autism nor those of the guy producing my record who is even more autistic and perfectionist.

High IQ post, only a total loser would post their professional level music here, as an absolute last resort

Then what is the purpose of this thread?

yea i'm not suggesting u get into all the minutiae but knowing what mic and maybe what pre ur using is basic, takes 2 seconds to learn and u can book time at other studios that have them in the future

I’m in a good mood after completing a song that’s taken me 2 years, I’m just sort of elated right now and shocked by how good the mix sounds desu, feel free to enjoy the many other fun and informative threads on this welsh magnet replicator board if this one isn’t to your taste

Mic was an electrovoice, actually not sure what the pre was for this one that’s something I usually know

I will say this: we made a mock mix in the studio I tracked at, which sounded good enough to release on an indie label. But when we gave the mock mix to the actual mixing engineer at his studio, the mix elevated into something that is at a really high level, massively above what we accomplished at the tracking studio. I didn’t think the mix could improve that much at all, I actually felt bad for the tracking engineer because he worked his ass off to mock up the mix and was kind of btfo kek

yea the pros have a lot of tricks to really maximize a recording. it takes a certain among of ingenuity and skill to be able to do it well, there's a million ways to skin a cat but some of these motherfuckers can turn one into a mink coat.

I tried to mix my first EP back in the mid-2010s, it was a total shitshow. I got so hyper focused on tiny stuff for hours like the way a hit hat sounded with a particular soundtoys plugin, turned into a “missing the forest for the trees” situation. Songwriting suffered and it took forever. I was ashamed of it in the end. I’m in awe of guys like Kevin Parker who mix all their own shit and do it well (although his songwriting and lyrics aren’t as good as they could be). I actually think the production is by far the best part of Tame Impala

Im finishing work on my first EP soon and badly need it professionally mixed. Where do I find a good sound engineer to mix it?