Is it just me or common period art music fucking sucks?

I only like the stuff before Bach and after Charles Ives, classical period in particular is shit and Mozart is the most overrated composer.

Attached: neutral pepe.png (600x549, 348.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pD2XZHnDKvo
youtube.com/watch?v=AF7pK4TXtv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you liked this post don't forget to like, comment, share and subscribe for more similar content.

kek

further proof

>He doesn't like Mozart
shig

>Mozart is the most overrated composer
youtu.be/pD2XZHnDKvo

This is a relatively common opinion. It's just that Baroque/Classical/Romantic music is focused on melody and harmony, so people who are into more rhythm-based stuff might not like them.
>I remember being almost the fighter in the school, the odd kid out, with a real passion for music, but against all this retro, constant Beethoven and Bach bollocks. Most of it was this frustration with the school’s obsession with the past. When I was introduced to Stockhausen it was like ‘aaah’ ! Finally somebody was speaking my language
Björk
>I don't usually listen to Mozart. I like Stravinsky, Varese, Webern, Schoenberg, Bartok, Takemitsu, Messien, Penderecki...
Frank Zappa

>It's just that Baroque/Classical/Romantic music is focused on melody and harmony, so people who are into more rhythm-based stuff might not like them.
It's not that. Composers like Gesualdo were a lot more progressive than anything in the classical period.

The best classical composer is Steve Reich

pleb/retard answer all the way around

True, but there's a reason why the most popular classical releases on RYM are either early music or 20th-century classical and it's not just due to innovation. It sounds closer to the pop music they listen to in terms of rhythm.

>It sounds closer to the pop music they listen to in terms of rhythm.
I don't think it does. By modern standards, earlier stuff is deficient in terms of rhythm and timbre, but that doesn't mean the more recent stuff resembles pop music. Classical era music is harmonically pretty vanilla too.

YWNBAW

Its because RYMfags are hipsters who want to one up each other about musical taste. They are the type of people who will rate something high because of its historical importance instead of whether they actually liked it

See Elvis fans. The argument for his relevance is the same as for Simon Cowell or Ed Sheeran.

i dunno mozart could compose

If you don't like Bach you're too dumb for music

holy based...
holy seethe...

I don't think it resembles popular music but the music of the Renaissance and early Baroque periods is some of the most rhythmically intricate music you're ever going to hear.

I like Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=AF7pK4TXtv4

>generalizing 300 years of music as not being "focused on rhythm"

>music didn't get interesting until the late Romantic
This is how you can tell someone who says they know theory really only knows what chords and modes are.