A fundamental problem with society is that we worship singers too much...

A fundamental problem with society is that we worship singers too much. Before rock n roll there were poet authors who changed peoples' lives through an ability to think deeply and create connecting stories. People like Herman Hesse, Leo Tolstoy, and Frederich Nietzche. Now people shape their lives around rock stars and people who make cool noises. People think lil peep and kurt cobain are great men of history when in reality they were basically crying modelesque babies til the day they died young.

Attached: 737459482834g.jpg (955x850, 98.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/3yYJ2p3zOpRZqdbzmgbi34?si=fobxibjeTzGTlV_Ujs9EHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ROMzmiKhW38
youtube.com/watch?v=1FbVrWerjCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah

We still have that
Whether you like it or not some rappers do that like Kendrick Lamar

Literally couldn't think of anything gayer then trying to sit and "think deeply" while I'm trying to rock the fuck out. Shut up idiot.

society

if you think any of the lyrics of Kendrick Lamar are on the level of a good author you don't know what a good book is. And I actually like a lot of his music

I am a hot singer lmao stfu
open.spotify.com/album/3yYJ2p3zOpRZqdbzmgbi34?si=fobxibjeTzGTlV_Ujs9EHQ

Attached: F4D5E3D9-DEF9-4F02-BBDB-B210F32DF325.jpg (1440x1440, 200.5K)

The problem isn't the worship of singers instead of storytellers, it's not worshiping the greatest musical storyteller alive.

Attached: AndyShauf.jpg (1350x900, 132.83K)

That's because singing is actually hard and scribbling your gay little narratives down isn't.

The fact that you have to sing the words you write means they can't stand on their own. That's why many great musicians say not to read into their lyrics too much, because at the end of the day it's just a song. Yet you still have midwits and below writing paragraphs on Genius while completely missing the mark

>lyrics
>mattering

Come back when you know music theory.

Attached: 121509-full.jpg (211x239, 5.4K)

>The fact that you have to sing the words you write means they can't stand on their own.
You just don't know yet.

I bet I know more theory than you. Also this comment is irrelevant to my post. I'm saying lyrics, by definition, will never be on the same level as good prose or non-lyrical poetry

true, we really don't appreciate yeezy's greatness enough.

Dude listen to the timbre, inflection, vibrato, pitch. The words don't matter. If the 'artist' is a shitty singer turn it off, that's my rule. Bob dylan? into the garbage it goes. The point is to convey feeling with sound the words are just superficial icing. I like a lot of foreign music so I can enjoy singing without having to endure a narrative some faggot wants to inflict on me.

In many ways, I prefer not knowing the language and just enjoying the sound, like you say. But I like lyrics in English and them telling a story as well. Probably about 60/40 on how much I listen to each kind.

Yeah I like the technically difficult but simple unpretentious narratives in classic country for example because they don't meander and they don't pretend to be anything more than they are. I also like this guy he is the only rappist I still listen to because it isn't retarded or trying too hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=ROMzmiKhW38

Actually, no one compares to Andy Shauf at this point. His story-centric songs tower above anyone else I've heard of any genre. No flowery language either, just real human moments.

This dude reminds me of the original Wicker Man music.

youtube.com/watch?v=1FbVrWerjCM

you are so far missing the point it is incredible you have dubs. I'm not saying music sucks, I'm saying as literature it's not on the level of good prose writing and for this reason people should stop looking up to musicians so much as conveyors of Truth