Unironically, where did it go wrong?

Unironically, where did it go wrong?

I get bands and artists exploding in popularity and then vanishing, but how the fuck did an entire genre, one that took the mainstream by storm mind you, not some obscure fad subgenre, come and go in ~2 years?

Attached: Skrillex_@_Amnesia.jpg (1936x2592, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/3yYJ2p3zOpRZqdbzmgbi34?si=37ZbECSYQRqrJW0eN__34A
youtube.com/watch?v=IN_tZ41i-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=XUyscDT-n-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tPzReYyDnGc
youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZHScEzyTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because the internet decided that "cynicism" and "ironic humour" is superior and declared war on dubstep and "LOL SO RANDUM" and now we're left in the boring fucking dystopia we've been in for over a fucking decade

ngmi dubbi. just give it up

shit was straight up ugly and obnoxious to hear
i guess people woke up one day and realized that WOWOWOWOOOOOWWW sound sucked donkey dick

if you're referring to ugly dubstep. "where did it go wrong", deadmau5 was PEAK EDM then, sonny got put on Mau5Trap and thus everyone's eye were now on this GENRE BREAKING album. people picked apart the parts they liked, made their own albums leaving that genre/sound behind. Rock'n'Roll still goes hard if you ask me. i much prefer people like Space Laces tho.

imagine an entire decade of sound condensed into those 2 years

Attached: 1616361253301.jpg (1063x1534, 212.61K)

It didn’t vanish
It evolved
open.spotify.com/album/3yYJ2p3zOpRZqdbzmgbi34?si=37ZbECSYQRqrJW0eN__34A

Attached: 4684BC4F-84F3-4A1A-A02A-31255F5D5261.jpg (477x318, 240.94K)

I wish it didn't.

Just look at the history of popular music. Pop genres usually last between one and four years. It's like asking "why isn't doowop still around?"

the novelty wore off and people realized that the death rattles of a fax machine were not a pleasant sound to listen to.

Dubstep and 'Brostep' never disappeared, just changed further, branched off into other subgenres (Riddim, Melodic Riddim/Colour Bass etc). It kinda went more underground again I guess. Brostep got replaced by 'Briddim' (a blend of Riddim and Brostep) which is like, even more sound design focused than Brostep was (look up Virtual Riot to hear that). Personally I find the genre names kinda dumb, it's all just different flavours of Dubstep in the end, it never went away, just changed, also this horse has been beaten to death already but those who hate on Skrillex and 'Brostep' are missing the point, it was never trying to be the same thing as OG Dubstep (if you want to listen to minimal sub bassy 140 bpm stuff until the end of your life that's fine, don't get mad that producers want to experiment and try other stuff out though). Also Skrillex didn't even do that much dubstep/140bpm stuff, even early on many of his tracks were electro house, 'complextro', etc, a lot of 4 on the floor stuff.

recess needs a critical re-evaulation imo
but yeah the kinda dubstep that skilly boi and other "brostep" dipshits were making has died out primarily due to how shit the sound design was. the whole point of that shitty red herring of a subgenre was
>hey bro our car sound systems are shit so let's bump the mids up really high and melt our faces off instead

I'm gonna make an uptempo bootleg of malice brb

honestly all of the other genres with -step are not bad, just dubstep, particularly that late 2000s era, was awful

Also to add, if it wasn't for Skrillex and some other producers doing the whole Brostep thing, we never would have got some of the stuff we have now, I like Colour Bass/Melodic Riddim a lot, not every track in this mix is great but overall it gives a good taste of what that sounds like:
youtube.com/watch?v=IN_tZ41i-Kg

My fave kinds of dubstep will probably always be stuff like this though:
(for the heavier side of OG dubstep)
youtube.com/watch?v=XUyscDT-n-Y
(the more chill side)
youtube.com/watch?v=tPzReYyDnGc

All of these are wrong. The real reason is just that we grew up, and dubstep/brostep was a genre mainly targeted at prepubescent children. Most people associate the dubstep sound with the cringe time in their life now, so its never coming back.

this will soon change

>dubstep
>brostep
>colour bass
>melodic riddim

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25.81K)

t. not on tiktok

i'm not going to watch this show. what does this image mean?

brapstep was the nu-metal of the early 10's and I'm glad it's gone.

space laces is carrying the entire genre on his back youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZHScEzyTY