Glaring Production Flaws

Let's talk about those songs/albums that have such laughably poor production choices that it totally distracts from (or possibly even ruins) the music even if it's compositionally sound.

Although I really like the music, the snare is so god-awful on this one: youtu.be/iNKBJWm72zU

I think it actually might be worse than the snare on St. Anger.

Attached: St. Anger.jpg (640x640, 286.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wQOorbmPSRs
youtube.com/watch?v=cup9zJeBFbU
youtube.com/watch?v=p7l19EmxbaI
youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there is no such thing as bad production

flying lotus and his shitty brickwalled mixing. get your shit together flylo, it's been ten years.

I agree, but I think there are poor production choices. Of course, everything is subjective, but I think there are some choices that engineers have made that are fairly universally viewed as not sounding great.

Here's a good one
youtu.be/wQOorbmPSRs

"Why yes! I don't give a shit about vocals!"

Attached: stevealbino.jpg (465x700, 103.31K)

am i the only one who actually likes the trashcan snares on this album? it gives it a more aggressive dirty feel that fits really well into the music

Attached: thinking wrestler.jpg (612x574, 21.28K)

>t. never paid attention to much music from the mid to late 80s besides synthpop

fuck you this snare is awesome

Ha! Which one?

blake

thats some good shit thanks. i tend to like the high pitched no snare wire sound
heres another good one
youtube.com/watch?v=cup9zJeBFbU
as far as bad mixing and shit heres one.
youtube.com/watch?v=p7l19EmxbaI

Glad you dig it! Again, I think the music is great, but the snare is far too forward in the mix for my taste, and it sounds strange to me. I much prefer the more conventional snare sound that they have on their last release. :)

bitch did you just post some Blake as a negative example?
Blake drumming is god tier

that fire shit is FIRE!
vox almost ruin it - great drumming

>but the snare is far too forward in the mix for my taste
at least you know your limits but really its about you, not about production

the thing in Black Sabbath Paranoid

the composition of the songs on St Anger is god-awful. they should've been 3.5 minutes max

Attached: raw power.jpg (274x274, 12.5K)

and you are?
bob rock jr?

not like it was ruined, iconic song, but I've always found it weird the way the bass disappears in the choruses of nookie. You'd think there would be a big bottom string B on the 5 string slide, but it just becomes this treble mess. And it's not like they shied away from excessive sub bass on the rest of the album either.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw

The muddy bullshit gimmick gets unbearable after 4 songs

Attached: 81JpiFmbTEL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 45.55K)

Corey Feldman is a producer?