Papa Het or James?

Which is better: Old or new Metallica? Discuss.

Attached: het.jpg (225x225, 12.71K)

>mehgduhglickka \m/

Attached: 1640990458260.png (1600x1200, 280.54K)

GIMMA FUE GIMMA FIE GIMMA JABBADABBAZIE

DON'T TREAD ON ME era was best

user, I was around when they cut their hair and their fanbase went absolutely ballistic over how their homogods looked. Style over substance in the extreme. Metallica fans should be embarrassed of themselves.

Is this even a discussion

Attached: 1618857915895.jpg (540x326, 27.26K)

>popular = bad

Very few bands become better once they age up and mature, and I don't think Metallica is an exception to that rule.

>Style over substance in the extreme
They also completely switched genres of music. I'm 30 so I wasn't heavily into music when that shit happened enough to care, but I still understand why people freaked over Load/Relod because they're fucking Southern rock albums.
>b-but people need to be more open minded about genre
No they don't, people can like whatever they want and dislike whatever they want

Load and reload should be been 1 album titled The Big Load

EET FUK era is peak

The Brotherload

The White Hot Load

How could you call new metallica better in any context?

When are they going to make Unfourgiven?

For me, it’s Metlica

It's louder

I TAKE THIS KEY, AND I STICK IT IN ONCE MORE
BECAUSE YOU'RE UNFORGIVEN...PART 4

Attached: jamesunforg.jpg (744x560, 33.4K)

Maybe if you compare it with itself. Death Magnetic was a significant step up from St Anger. But it still has some issues and it couldnt capture the essence of old metallica.

Hetfield is a god

Hetfield is my hero

>>b-but people need to be more open minded about genre
Who are you quoting here? Because it doesn't look like anyone said that. Oh dear... user, you wouldn't be making up quotes to argue with would you? Because that is REALLY gay.

>I'm 30 so I wasn't heavily into music when that shit happened enough to care
You were literally a baby when that happened

Keep up guys

Pozzed Load

Eh, its a toss up. James had that period of deep, dark reflection and made some really good tunes later on, (prior to st. anger, when i stopped listening) but he lost some of his machismo and hormonal rage that gave his songs the gusto.

They were always talented, but until justice for all it was like a group of virtuouso's were snorting bath salts and somehow playing a blitzkreig while in a berserker rage.

His later stuff felt more like a dirge, it still had that power to it but it was kinna like the coals left over from the fire, they burn hotter but the fires already gone out.

This one.

Attached: Hetfield Waffen SS.jpg (426x960, 100.83K)