The song "Imagine" by John Lennon has the most retarded lyrics I've heard on any song...

The song "Imagine" by John Lennon has the most retarded lyrics I've heard on any song. Let's analyse these lyrics a little bit.

>Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky
Regardless of what your religion or worldview is, does anyone really like to imagine dying and never coming back? Is death really such a wonderful thing to imagine?

>Imagine all the people Living for today... Aha-ah...
Living for today like a pot-smoking hippie or a bum on the side of the street? Living without caring about the future? Yeah, imagine if every single person on earth lived that way.

>Imagine there's no countries
So that we would all be living under One-World-North-Korea? How awesome!

>And no religion, too
Yeah, imagine the whole world was filled with pride parades and faggots. Sounds exciting!

>Imagine all the people Sharing all the world... You...
Don't they already share the world? 99.99% of the world is accessible for anyone to go.

What was this guy thinking when he wrote these lyrics?

Attached: John-Lennon.jpg (400x300, 20.71K)

not this shit again

Its literally about communism

>The song "Imagine" by John Lennon has the most retarded lyrics I've heard on any song. Let's analyse these lyrics a little bit.
>>Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky
>Regardless of what your religion or worldview is, does anyone really like to imagine dying and never coming back? Is death really such a wonderful thing to imagine?
>>Imagine all the people Living for today... Aha-ah...
>Living for today like a pot-smoking hippie or a bum on the side of the street? Living without caring about the future? Yeah, imagine if every single person on earth lived that way.
>>Imagine there's no countries
>So that we would all be living under One-World-North-Korea? How awesome!
>>And no religion, too
>Yeah, imagine the whole world was filled with pride parades and faggots. Sounds exciting!
>>Imagine all the people Sharing all the world... You...
>Don't they already share the world? 99.99% of the world is accessible for anyone to go.
>What was this guy thinking when he wrote these lyrics?

you're missing the point
it's about ethical egoism, the idea is that even without religion and nationalism and whatever you should just be a good person, for its own reward. If the only reason you don't steal and murder is because you want to get into heaven, you were never going to get there in the first place. You have to be a good person even if there's no reward, and no threat of eternal torment.

replying to bait thread but so many retards are like, "HE WAS RICH AND LIVED IN A BIG HOUSE WHAT A HYPOCRITE" it's about fanciful ideas ffs. Of course based John is going to sit on his money and beat his wife and the women he cheats on her with

The point of the song is that everyone should live like a lazy, dirty pot-smoking hippie. It seems that you are the one missing it.

>The concept of positive prayer ... If you can imagine a world at peace, with no denominations of religion – not without religion but without this my God-is-bigger-than-your-God thing – then it can be true ... the World Church called me once and asked, "Can we use the lyrics to 'Imagine' and just change it to 'Imagine one religion'?" That showed they didn't understand it at all. It would defeat the whole purpose of the song, the whole idea.

should've imagined there were no. 38 snub nosed revolvers instead

>le acerbic, edgy comment user
I hope you don't do that a lot in real life lad

I'm glad he wrote this song because otherwise it may have taken me awhile to realize how inane he was. Noticing someone liking Imagine is also a quick way to recognize smoothbrains and children.

reddit moment

Bait

You're right. there are faggots all over the world who live their lives based on this song like it's their religion.

I don't think you're analyzing the lyrics hard enough, very surface level analysis

Okay Ben Shapiro

>nobody can defend this shit song without resorting to stale memes

Stale copy pasta is stale...

it's a good pop tune who give a shit about some hippy lyrics

"Ain't no mountain high enough"
Really?
Take Mount Kailash for instance. It is considered a holy mountain, a sacred place for four religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Japanism and Bön. Reinhold Messner was given the opportunity by the Chinese government to climb in the mid-1980s but he declined. Nobody has ever climbed this mountain.
Puig Major, the highest peak on the Spanish island of Mallorca, located in the Serra de Tramuntana Mountains, is located in a military zone. You can't climb this mountain, you would be shot.
Oxygen is scarce at high elevations, temperatures are dangerously cold. I don't believe Mr. Gaye is conditioned to climb many mountains even if there are no regulations against climbing them. I find it hard to believe that Mr. Gaye, a man with no proven track record of climbing mountains, can scale a mountain that dedicated mountaineers with years of experience and training have not even attempted to climb.
Unclimbed mountains remain in the world. They number at least in the hundreds, if not the thousands. They can be found all over, with multitudes in former Soviet countries and in Russia; in Antarctica; in northern India, Pakistan and Afghanistan; in Myanmar, Bhutan, Tibet and beyond.
Plus, there are mountains on the moon and other planets that, using current technology, man is unable to reach, and even the most optimistic scientists in the field of rocketry estimate that it will be hundreds of years before man will be able to safely travel to these planets.

Attached: u8KL05tL_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26.24K)

Yeah, I prefer songs like bungalow bill

Baiters gonna bait