What's the appeal of the Foo Fighters? They're one of the most generic vanilla rock bands out there

What's the appeal of the Foo Fighters? They're one of the most generic vanilla rock bands out there.

Attached: fo.jpg (1296x730, 231.3K)

They're one of the most generic vanilla rock bands out there
Perfect modern hard rawk to show to your dad

Lmao why do they need 7 members? They are not Arcade Fire

There's 6 people there user

>most generic vanilla rock bands
That's why. Mass appeal

They deny the existence of HIV

Didn't Dave openly admit he's been stealing lyrics and song ideas from other musicians for his entire career?

Everything else aside Everlong is one of the best rock songs ever

someone has to do it

Just some Alt Rock band. A couple of good albums. I feel like the younger people are the more "Blacked" their musical upbringing was so I understand how you wouldn't get the appeal of a Rock band.

Dave Grohl is such a cringey old boomer. If it weren't for Nirvana he'd be a nobody.

They are nirvana in their ultimate form. after rehab kurt would have done all that. a few good years after they ''sold'' and then a few years of bland material

Kurt was going to be an indie singer/songwriter

They are safe and marketable. Their music is bland and uncontroversial and has wide popular appeal because Dave Grole used to be in Nirvana.

If not for Dave Grole's prior celebrity, they would have been a one or two hit wonder, but they are the perfect mascot for toothless corporate rock so they all made bank.

Its like a drum machine that shits money.

I don't want Dave Grole to kill himself, but I wish he'd stop making music. Flashing your cash you made by selling out isn't cool, Dave.

Ohhh, thats edgy and marketable.

who took the picture?

If I go to heaven, I'm probably going to have to atone for how much I shit on Dave Grole. I'm sorry Dave, but your music is truly awful.

They had funny music videos back in the 90s.

lol, yeah, that thing with the hand.

and i guess sgt. harry is pretty good, if you haven't heard it 10 million times already.

This is a legitimately good, fun rock album. They aren't trying to reinvent the wheel, it was just a reflection of a time and a place and it came out great. Everything since has been a garbage attempt by a talentless hack to keep up the momentum of one good album.

Attached: TCATS.jpg (300x300, 50.93K)

What if I say they're not like the others

Safe enough for boomer bbqs, bars, and the supermarket PA system, but also "rawk" enough to still have a bit of "cool" "edge" to it (plus he was the Nirvana guy which gives him legit cred)

Terrible band. Very boring, mediocre, all filler no killer