Tfw you explore every "great" band and sub genre of Metal only to realize they were the best all along

>tfw you explore every "great" band and sub genre of Metal only to realize they were the best all along

Attached: Sabs.jpg (2789x1925, 618.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IPmQKtX_obM
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm so glad we all agree that Headless Cross is their best album :)

i will punch your entire face

>Instead of debating who is the best metal band, let's debate what is the best album of the best metal band
Good idea
Obviously most people will say Paranoid. I think Sabotage is underrated.

Vol 4 and Master of Reality are the only correct answers

>most people will say Paranoid
only contrarians and hipsters say Paranoid or Vol4. Everyone agrees it's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Sabotage is a great underdog classic. But saying Headless Cross is their best work is just a fucking meme and literally nobody on earth actually believes that besides tony martin.

Incredible how you have that completely backwards. And yes, I mean that listening to regular metal is better than listening to the best metal, because it makes me feel like I'm not a poser

imo master of reality holds the title

>No Master of reality
retard

Best metal band is Enforcer. This might be a hard pill to swallow but it's true. I'm yet to see someone surpass the perfection of From Beyond.

>master of reality
do you know you're really stupid or are you oblivious?

i know that i'm right

ignore everything this faggot said. it’s master of reality hands down

start your own thread, dweeb. nobody on earth gives a shit about enforcer.

same but its partly because of nostalgia desu

sorry, i posted this and my phone auto-corrected. i meant to say Dehumanizer is their best album. stupid fat sausage fingers lol

>Which album is best?
>Every album gets mentioned
Well, except for the debut album, which is actually a great album because of Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, as well as N.I.B. (niggas in black)

P.S. if Ozzy was born a zoomer, he would have made a great twink

Attached: Black-Sabbath.jpg (1200x800, 351.25K)

Computer God is prophetic

Paranoid is objectively their best, you dumbass hipsters. The debut is too derivative of previous blues rock aside from the innovative title track, Master of Reality has throwaway interludes and Solitude is overlong/uninteresting especially when Planet Caravan was so great. The album's also too short on top of that, and the rest up to Never Say Die have too much weak filler material.

horrifyingly so. Dehumanizer as a whole is more true now than it was when it was released. it's also SO fucking heavy. Lots of thrash parts, lots of sludgy grooves, and some moments that borderline death metal

Black Sabbath are an incredible and visionary band, Ozzy has such an otherworldly sounding voice, they had such a dark atmosphere, and Iommi had such a cool, sludgy guitar. If you say they're the best metal band ever, it's hard to argue. A lot of the metal that came later is rooted in what they did.

However, there are so many amazing things have happened within the template they established that I think it's well-worth digging through all that. The way Eyehategod turned the Sabbath template into something expressing the pain of addiction. The way bands like Celtic Frost and Mayhem explored the darkness Sabbath hinted at, and tried to become it. The way Behemoth and Rotting Christ turned that into something cinematic, while Panopticon turned it into something almost spiritual and optimistic. The way Converge took it, warped it, and turned it inside out. The way Blind Guardian delved all the way into the fantasy elements. The way Godflesh used it to craft a vision of post-industrial hell.

Metal is one of the only things in rock music that is still exciting and groundbreaking.

did fantano tell you to say that?

We're not hipsters, you're just a moronic pleb. Objectively. Paranoid is a cool song. Master of Reality is an incredible album all the way through, the guitars are wonderful, and the self-titled debut is one of the coolest blues-rock albums ever.

This is an Ozzy board, all Dio fans please go back to plebbit to sing about hobbits and dragons

No. Jesus fucking Christ I can tell you're and you are an unbearable prick. So I like some bands you don't. Keep whining, you inbred moron.

>Paranoid is a cool song
Paranoid is the worst song on Paranoid (album)

Paranoid (album) is almost as bad as Headless Cross (album)

>Master of Reality
>not a pleb opinion
lol

>sing about hobbits and dragons
Don't forget rainbows

listening to metal is a cope

Headless cross really is their best album. Ozzy could never hit those high notes.

I'll concede that Dio loved singing about mythical dragons and buff dudes that didn't wear shirts-HOWEVER, his lyrics on Dehumanizer are unlike anything he ever did. Very dark, dystopian, and zero mentions of dragons or rainbows.

best Sabbath song is bubblegum pop youtu.be/IPmQKtX_obM

waste of trips

Idk why you guys have to argue, I like both a lot. I honestly strongly prefer Sabbath with Ozzy to Sabbath with Dio, but I also prefer solo Dio and Rainbow to solo Ozzy.

i know for a fact you're just being a meme-y contrarian. but i'll argue as if you really were that retarded.
>Headless Cross is objectively garbage
>No memorable songs (save for the title track)
>None of the songs get any radio play on modern stations (even shitty songs like Symptom of the Universe get radio play every now and then on deep-cut nights)
>Tony Martin was/is a shit vocalist
>Tony could barely hit the notes in the studio and could NEVER hit them right live. It was Dokken's Dream Warriors but 100x worse
Headless Cross/Tony Martin was the VHIII/Gary Cherone of Black Sabbath. Were Cherone and Martin good vocalists on their own? YES. But that didn't mean their respective albums with their respective bands were any good. The story is actually hilariously the same for both situations.
>nasty, public breakup...with the SECOND vocalist
>core/founding members feeling burned out and creatively dry
>a lot of drugs and alcohol involved for all members
>a lot of yes-men surrounding the band, telling them anything they shit out would go platinum

Very sad, many such cases.

listening to metal is a cope

Attached: 1646003695724.jpg (640x645, 68.77K)

What is Kek trying to tell us, I just can't decipher it

cope for what