First hip hop artists to win a grammy, played all over MTV, sold millions of albums

>First hip hop artists to win a grammy, played all over MTV, sold millions of albums
Now they're completely forgotten. They were erased from rap history pretty thoroughly.

Attached: ArrestedDevelopment3Years,5Months&2DaysintheLifeOf....jpg (200x200, 10.12K)

Sucks too, because their music is great!

BUT I AM STILL THIRSTY

needs more violence and sex

the 'positive rap' thing was propped up by the industry who thought they could mold rap music into what they wanted it to be because NWA scared them

This album was so boring

lol

They were just too damn corny. I appreciate the positive hippie vibes they sent out at a time when gangsta rap was taking over everything, but the music was like a parody of conscious rap's most cringey, pretentious tropes without any self-awareness. Speech made Kendrick sound like Aristotle.

They were reaching for an older audience than gangsta rap, and generally music aimed at adults gets forgotten by history. Eric Clapton was of the best selling acts of the 90s and he's completely irrelevant. Mariah Carey is a Christmas singer despite having 19 #1 hits.

The victory of gangsta rap in the early 90s should prove once and for all that self-victimization is a helluva drug.

>Mariah Carey is a Christmas singer
Emotions, Dream lover, hero, fantasy? The world hasn't entirely thrown out her catalog

exactly
this positive shit had zero sex appeal

There's always money in the banana stand...

Kuh-Kuh-Kay-Eff-See!

Suck it Mr. Wendle!

I feel like you couldn't have written this post unless you were a fan of their music, yet you come off as being incredibly racist.

I'm confused.

Maybe I'm Black?
Didn't think of that, didja, racist ass cracka!
You think only white people know how to use a computah?

Nah, just fuckin with you, I'm white as manaise.

bump

Literally a watered down version of Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Pharcyde, etc.

Because they were Christians. Homoglobo hates Christian music.

everybody hates christian music except for moms

>muh sex

Attached: shutterstock_661592254-e1513204346819.jpg (640x424, 47.95K)