Is Aerosmith Good or Shitty Pop Music?

I loved them as a kid, but I also had pretty shit music taste and also listened to shit like nu-metal and (c)rap. How do they hold up? Any albums that are actually good by modern standards? Or is there music just shitty pop of the era that appeals to retards and niggers that don't understand a lick of theory?

Attached: rshrsdthumb.png (1024x576, 769.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sni94PDWTeM
youtu.be/zNu0VIoY9nY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aerosmith is a mediocre band, but some songs bop indeed, walk this way or dude looks like a lady
GnR are much better though, appetite slaps

Attached: 1626391235_206_Sugar-Ray-Singer-Mark-McGrath-Says-Dark-Side-of-the.jpg (830x1200, 101.85K)

Really? Just based off my memories from a decade or more ago since I haven't listened to either band, I would have guessed the other way around. Haven't listened to Appetite in years, I'll give that a spin and see if I still enjoy it.

One of the worst bands in history, I would say. Some of the shittiest and cheapest pop rock you will ever hear.

Sugar gay kek

Yeah, they're like a bland van halen or toothless motley crue
Good musicians but kinda remind me of Winger in terms of charisma and attitude

Gotcha, I'm not too crazy about Van Halen or Motley Crue, so if they have even less soul in their music than them... Answers my question pretty fucking well lmfao

Yep... If you want really good, mean and sleaze music machine... Well then check out Faster Pussycat
They slap so hard, I consider them the younger brother of Guns N Roses

Attached: images (2).jpg (194x259, 7.16K)

they could have quit after Night In The Ruts and would have been remembered much more fondly

One thing I notice when I listen to aerosmith is how shitty the lyrics are. And Steven Tyler does the shooby dooby crap too much

Their 70s albums are great and well worth a listen. Almost all of their 80s albums are poor, though, too much by the numbers arena rock for my tastes.

mid-late 70's Aerosmith is some of the best hard rock there is. Rocklets will always dismiss them because they actually don't know about the genre and only know Aerosmith as "the independance day band"

Again you know fuck all about music, even the genres you pretend to like. There'd be no Gn'R without Aerosmith and 80's Aerosmith isn't even the good shit.

Attached: Aerosmith_-_Rocks.jpg (300x300, 29.96K)

Rocks and Get Your Wings are good.

>There'd be no Gn'R without Aerosmith and 80's Aerosmith isn't even the good shit.

This is retarded logic in using that to justify the band being good. Without Bach there wouldn't be Mozart. Without Mozart you wouldn't have gotten the incredible composers of the Romantic period. Just because I like Wagner or Richard Strauss doesn't mean I automatically have to love fucking Bach, baroque period music is still shit regardless of the amazing composers that came as a result of it. Yeah, you can appreciate it for inspiring future composers, but it's not something I'd listen to for enjoyment.

By the same token, even if Aerosmith inspired or paved the way for better bands, that doesn't mean they're good, or bad for that matter. 95% of the time when I'm listening to music, it's in a vacuum where I don't give a fuck about what it inspired and what came because of it, I'm just listening to it because I enjoy it. All the contextual shit can certainly add to my enjoyment of a piece, but if it's trash to begin with, like baroque period shit, I'll only listen to it once in a blue moon.

I said it before and I say it again, Im THE nu / glam / groove metal connoisseur of this board, show some goddamn respect

Just because something inspired something it doesn't mean it's better, sure. But Aerosmith is good and every band they paved the way for isn't better either like you're claiming since we're being oh so objective here.

I think fairly highly of Gn'R so I'm not even saying Aerosmith is better than Gn'R specifically (though, a whole lot of people would) I'm just saying they are one of the top bands who are responsible for Gn'Rs sound so take that however you will. What is a fact though is that Aerosmith is better than Faster fucking Pussycat.

Bro... Faster Pussycat are hardcore motherfuckers, they were the hardest metalheads in LA alongside of GnR and Crue. Aerosmith is for wussies, real wussie core
And their music is diverse and innovative. Taime Down is very underrated frontman and singer, no one moved as cool as him and no one had such a cool voice, Axl comes close though
youtube.com/watch?v=sni94PDWTeM

Attached: 13c429286ffc8995306660525a3591fb.jpg (500x326, 46.35K)

I'm OP, not the dude that you were replying to. I didn't claim jack shit in terms of Aerosmith or GnR for that matter being good or bad lmfao Just wanted to point out how retarded the logic of A inspired B, and B is good so A must be good is.

Only bands I regularly listen to from the 70s/80s are like Steely Dan and Alan Parsons Project, which is an entirely different world from Aerosmith, GnR, etc. I really don't know jack shit when it comes to super popular classic rock bands outside of knowing a few songs from each band from when I was growing up, thus the thread lol

Does this hold up?
youtu.be/zNu0VIoY9nY
I'd say it does. It's obvious you want to dig into the earlier stuff. Thought that's what your picci implied. And yet everone goes on about their popular 80s stuff.

Kinda? Like it's not bad, just simplistic. The pieces are there for something really cool, like they get a good groove going, but then it just doesn't go anywhere. I put on Get Your Wings and I loved the horns in the first track, but I just wanted more and wanted more of them and for them to contribute more than just sorta being background accompaniment. Spaced kinda... spaced me out.
On Woman of the World right now and again, it's solid, but it just teases you like it's about to go somewhere new and cool then just goes back to the shit it was doing before.

Aerosmith is two bands: 73-85 and 87-now. The first iteration is the greatest American rock band of all time. The second is a soulless corporate pop rock machine.

Oh I agree it needs more flesh. With holding up, in this case I meant this song specifically. Does for me.
Toys in the Attic from 75 is probably the first proper Aerosmith album. Here they don't hold back anymore. Has two of their most popular songs, but it isn't just the singles.