“I must say – ‘emo-core’ must be the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. But...

“I must say – ‘emo-core’ must be the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. But, just in case you’re wondering – I read in my Thrasher the other day – that in fact, what my band along with what other bands in the city [are] playing is ‘emo-core’… Emotional hardcore. As if hardcore wasn’t emotional to begin with.”

Attached: ian_mackaye_phoo.jpg (320x372, 15.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R7arcxuDodw
youtube.com/watch?v=zSJODzOu4hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ian why can't i have sex with you

guy said something very similar. it is a pretty retarded name honestly. like there is a bit of stylistic musical difference between midwest emo style and hardcore at large, but the "originators" of emocore were just hardcore bands.

Embrace doesn't sound a lot like hardcore to me aside from certain songs

because you have not listened to enough hardcore, or the hardcore you listened to has been retroactively changed into some other gay genre and you don't even know it's hardcore.

...just play the fucking songs asshole

Ok but what does he think about the When We Were Young festival?

ok then, what are some hardcore bands that sound like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=R7arcxuDodw

Is this a joke post? Lol.

so...can you mention them or not?

I won't burst your bubble, baby boy. No, there are no other punk songs that sound like that. :)

I said hardcore, not punk, I certainly can feel elements from Wire there for an example, and there are some early post-hardcore bands where you can argue that sounds similar, but as far as hardcore punk goes, I don't know what sounds like that

Archers of loaf

Kind of reminds of of Rudimentary Peni
youtube.com/watch?v=zSJODzOu4hQ

if it's longer than 1:30 it's fucking emo. Emo shitters out!

Attached: 1980.jpg (154x220, 11.38K)

post-hardcore IS hardcore

Technically it is, but post-hardcore has some characteristics that makes it a different topic to talk about, or at least that's my explanation of why people don't talk about black flag and at the drive-in as if they were part of the same thing

But whatever, if you included post-hardcore in your hardcore spectrum, then the discussion is more clear

Rollins Black Flag is definitively early post-hardcore.

You know what's funny? I played Filth by Swans with my stepdad and he said it's similar to Rollins. He's not wrong.

He's right. His music isn't emo core, its trust fund kid-core

Not him. One example: Big Black is post hardcore thanks to its post punk influence.

what are these artists fucking problems with meaningless genre names?

how dumb are you?