Is it truly wrong to have bad tastes in music? Most people go their whole lives listening only to what's on the radio...

Is it truly wrong to have bad tastes in music? Most people go their whole lives listening only to what's on the radio, but they do okay.

Attached: joe rogan.png (1672x1256, 1.72M)

It's kind of sad idk. My mom only turns on spotify and listens to whatever the first thing on is.

yes you should be ashamed to be limiting yourself when there's an endless supply of music

music isnt high culture
however separating yourself from plebs is a satisfying exercise in intellectual heirarchal recognition

Most people aren't that musical, it's hardly the end of the world.

some people just don't give much of a fuck about music. Just like some of us don't give a fuck about movies, sports, tv shows and anime... etc. It's just an interest/hobby

>come to a music board
>i dont care about what others think about music
fucking stupid faggot

> I do it to feel smart
me too user

>comes to a website to have text-based conversations
>can't read

I have friends that don't have any taste in music. I will put stuff on and ask them about it and it's like they can't even hear it.

>can't play an instrument
>can't sing
>don't know basic music theory
>listen to dogshit 'artists' with horrific singing like new country gay road, bob dylan, mountain goats for the 'relatable' lyrics

Why yes I am a music expert, how could you tell? Music is my life!

Attached: q2wcaogplfa21.jpg (744x829, 85.54K)

Yea

It doesn't matter at all, music can be enjoyed or not enjoyed. It's def a drug and a life enhancement it sets the tone and feeling for a room it's magick but not necessary to live a full life. Unlike tv and the like it enhances whatever you are doing rather then sucking all of your attention and time. There is something primal and fundamental about it.

I would argue that it is bad to have bad taste in music if music is your main focus. I've known music obsessives whose entire lives were dedicated to BTS, Britney Spears, Nickelback, Slipknot, 6ix9ine, etc. However, it's not at all bad to have bad taste if music isn't their main interest, because most people who love groups like that are more focused on other things, whether their love is computer engineering, raising a family, literature, or whatever else.

However, I would also argue that there are people who have "pleb" tastes who actually have amazing taste. Again, the artists I just listed are awful. But if someone was really into like The Beatles, Coldplay, Marina, Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor, Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones, U2, The Police, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Tyler, the Creator, Jay Z, Beyonce, Major Lazer, Avicii, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Oasis, The White Stripes, Ray Charles, The Clash, Miles Davis, JS Bach, Daft Punk, etc., then sure, they're going to get shit from indie record collectors, but the fact is they actually have amazing taste, regardless of the fact that those artists are incredibly popular.

No, but it's wrong to make other people listen to your shitty music.

>don't know basic music theory
take major scale
shift each note to the left, wrapping around
do this 7 times
you now know basic music theory

It is a reflection of passivity in the face of a degrading culture. Art has been commodified for a long time but it still offers authenticity and freedom. Being uncritical in taste of music or another other artform means being unconcerned with the above.
References: Adorno.

Is music really important th? And whos to aay what chord progression is superior when context is so important?

ESL

Your reading comprehension is horrible

old millenial here, radio was fucking great when i was a kid