It's actually pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=yUp-ujO979U

It's actually pretty good.

Attached: the tipping point.jpg (640x640, 124.71K)

Boring

fpbp
/thread

I dunno what else you'd expect from Tears For Fears. This very much sounds like them.

yeah OP gotta admit i stand by SftBC and The Hurting as two of the best Synthpop albums of all time but this release was literally average at best. them recycling alot of tid bits from their hits to make them sound similar was just more sad.

Whole release just screams boomer unironically, no flair. passion or energy

Attached: 1637718489129.jpg (400x348, 37.99K)

Bland adult contemporary shit. Every track on Songs from the Big Chair had more musical ideas than this entire album.

Swastika

Severe and ancient looking. Too many vacations with sun damage. Too in their heads, trapped on the page, trying to sound deep...
>"life is cruel, life is tough"
wut
These niggas was about joy, not dreary ass shit like this.

Pretty good, one of the better comeback albums from 80s artists

This album was being made when the lead singer's wife died IIRC.

>Drop me in rivers of mercy, yeah
>Dare I imagine some faith and understanding?
>Drop me in rivers of mercy, yeah
>Bring out the dead tonight
>And bathe them in your sacred light to
>Wash away the pain (Wash away the pain)
>Save me from the shadows, yeah
>Cry like a siren
>The light on my horizon

Attached: 1444796602998.gif (500x275, 365.22K)

It was, that's pretty much the main reason why it took them so long to finish it, I remember when they were reportedly planning to release a new album around 2017 or 2018, then Roland's wife died and he got too depressed to work properly, it wasn't until 2020 or 2021 when they got back to work.

>have album ready to release in 2017
>scrap it because you don’t like the material anymore
>take five years to come up with new songs
>album is subpar at best

They should‘ve just went on nostalgia tours for a few years and call it a day

It's not a comeback album. Everyone just forgets the last album exists.

Dunno why Everybody Likes a Happy Ending wasn’t bigger. Sure, it’s mostly Beatles worship but the songs are great and certainly better than the hot air the put on their new record.

Oh wow, for some reason I was thinking that one came out in the 90s

Why are people disappointed with this album? It's basically early TFF but more laid back and not stuck in the 80s, I'm satisfied with what I'm hearing so far at least, still on track 5.

Attached: 1426554387117.jpg (264x292, 18.34K)

80s nostalgia wasn't in full swing yet so nobody cared outside of hardcore fans, plus it was too different from their classic hits for normies to probably even recognize it as TFF. But I like that they did something different instead of playing it safe.

Because it sounds like late Depeche Mode

Can we at least agree that the closing track is pretty good?

I liked most of the side B stuff, from Rivers of Mercy onwards

I played it to death when it came out but the Beatles worship elements eventually corroded my whole like for the album.

Tipping Point is pretty mediocre for them, but still good for pop in 2022.