I don't get the hype

I don't get the hype

Attached: E5983A34-67CF-4863-A940-4A74A97C8A4B.png (300x300, 115.12K)

I love that album and I also don't get the hype,

I think it was a big deal cultural in it's context lol

I prefer First Impressions of Earth but love all strokes

>I think it was a big deal cultural in it's context lol
there was no rock music that sounded like Someday, Last Nite or Hard to Explain before this album
Nirvana sounds a lot like their influences but The Strokes sounds completely original on this album, like if The Shaggs actually made good music

wild to think, I can't even imagine that time

The fuck are you on about, The Strokes are 70% Television and 20% Modern Lovers, they're completely derivative, it was mostly a cultural thing.

that's fair but I never put that together
kind of like how some users say Interpol sounds like Joy Division

theres a particular iggy song that sounds like the majority of the strokes back catalogue, cant remmeber what its called though

Its 11 perfect songs

all it was was hype. that album and band were a total flop. never got airplay even though they sucked executive dick to get on cover of Rolling Stone and SPIN and product placement in Transformers movie. Total failure of a band. KISS on the other hand, a band of real New Yorkers, reached the very top even though they all escaped Death Camps and had no rich parents and nothing but a dream

It's good accessible album with a fresh sound that stood out from the nu metal that was popular at the time. Not every hyped up and loved album has to be revolutionary.

I think ROF and TNA are both better albums though.

late 90s/early 00s were a very bad time for rock, the strokes saved the day in many respects

lol go to bed Gene

Is this it? is what I thought when I first heard this overhyped bore of an album

lmao gottem

QOTSA were better.

If QOTSA could make more than 2 listenable songs per album than maybe

retro rock sound that was fresh at the time and done extremely well

This, nu-metal and future tech rock like muse ruled the day, was all very serious, the strokes injected fun and cool back into rock music. Boys wanted to be them, girls wanted to be with them.

As others have said, this is so wrong you must be deaf. Go listen to Tom Petty American Girl and the buzzcocks everybody’s happy nowadays. The strokes practically cover them on this album.

Cringe. Mr Brightside or whatever its called is a banger

>a very bad time for rock
mainstream rock music was complete shit after Mellon Collie/Morning Glory