The great debate

The great debate.

Attached: 1520207592980.jpg (291x286, 25.62K)

Billy with hair > Kurt cobain
Bald billy sucks tho

Bob Grogan > Ken Probiotic

I will always respect an artist who gives their life for their art over those who grow old

Billy was better

Big Tunes Billy

Billy is better than Kurt as a musician but Kurt is a better musician

Nirvana had the potential to make more authentic raw art but as it stands Billy comes out aHEAD.

;)

Attached: -pumpkins-30th-anniversary-bill-corutneylove-show-setlist.jpg (1000x635, 99.79K)

u wot m8?

Attached: OASIS-London-1995-Credit-Stefan-De-Batselier.jpg (2000x1270, 269.75K)

Attached: 1562265009332.jpg (307x462, 22.21K)

i believe its more likely that billy satisfied courtney sexually than that kurt did

Pumpkins' hits are better than Nirvana's hits, but Nirvana's albums are better than Pumpkins' albums

Nirvana was better but a lot less varied. Corgan couldn’t make melodic hard rock as good as Cobain but Cobain literally would not be able to make stuff like 1979

Chris Cornell. Now please cut this shit out.

>Kurt
Excellent songwriter when he hit he hit it out of the park. Excellent vocalist, decent lyricist, absolute hook master on the guitar and a surprisingly good a decently creative soloist on songs like In Bloom and Sappy. Capable of very crushing post punk songs, very delicate acoustic songs, and pop rock masterpieces. No idea what he would have done if he didn't kill himself, I'm sure he was a very creative person and could have done music outside of the rock spectrum. Evidently Michael Stipe had a recording session booked for Kurt with string players and other musicians ready to record new songs for a solo album in 1994 but Kurt bailed.

>Billy
Huge vision but blew his load with Mellon Collie and never made anything even decent after that. Siamese Dream also has some knock outs. Billy could have gone in any direction he wanted after Mellon Collie given the massive variety of songs on it but instead went to the most mediocre place possible. Really good guitarist, very good voice, decent lyricist.

Both had their strengths and while at first glance they appear pretty comparable but really after a certain point they aren't. Siamese Dream can be compared to Nevermind but before and after those albums it's just way too different.

Agree with this take. It’s not as big of a gulf between the two as many would think. Pretty close but slight edge to Nirvana

I’m a cobainfag but corgan deserves more credit

>Huge vision but blew his load with Mellon Collie and never made anything even decent after that. Siamese Dream also has some knock outs. Billy could have gone in any direction he wanted after Mellon Collie given the massive variety of songs on it but instead went to the most mediocre place possible. Really good guitarist, very good voice, decent lyricist.
I’ll never understand what happened to Corgan, the hardest and most sustained fall from the top I’ve seen in rock

>he shot himself in the head because ART
braindead

Billy would have made it in any era, Kurt making it was almost astrological. I still like Kurt but Billy has the kind of talent that would rise to the top in any era

Kurt would make it in any era but he aligned with the Moons so perfectly

Attached: SmellsLike.png (1151x840, 875.42K)

Siamese Dream is a perfect record. Nirvana never released a perfect record.

Nirvana was better but they're both good. Corgan is a good songwriter but I don't think he's better than Kurt, Stephen Malkmus, Elliott Smith, or even the guys from Ween. He's always been inconsistent, even in his prime.

Nevermind you hipster faggot

Attached: Nevermind.jpg (300x300, 53.51K)

not a perfect record

name the imperfection

He found Jesus

In Bloom what a shit song

drain you and lounge act

Elliot Smith maybe but Billy Corgan shits all over those other guys. His talent is skewed towards music over lyrics. Musically, nobody on your list is in the same ball park as Bi-Corg. Bi-Corg is major league

lol three of the best songs, wtf

awful take you contrarian faggot