Guitar customiations

i have pic related. it's a nice little guitar but i want to make it more of my own. im not going to be touring anytime soon so the paint cant get worn like john frusciantes. what are some basic customizations i can do to make it more personal? is it possible to take off whatever heavy covering is on it so that it'll wear?

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (2400x1600, 1.23M)

*customizations
damn lol

muh stolen valour

??
I mean if it's my own guitar and im letting it wear naturally as i myself play it, i dont see an issue

it won't wear naturally. fuck it up with weaponry

consider flipping the control plate 180 degrees for "gatton" style playing. easier access to the volume knob for swells. very easy mod that can be done with a screwdriver. just make sure to take care and not twist any wires too much and pop the connections loose. there's usually enough slack in the control wires to allow a 180 degree spin if you're smart about your maneuvering

Paint it. Turn it into an art project - I've a ton of cheap guitars that I've turned into neat stuff - one of them I glued dyed newspaper to it (newspaper was dyed by spraying a mix of water and paint) to make this psychedelic mosaic. Another I spraypainted it white, put paint in random directions, then spraypainted it all British Racing Green when that was done. Have fun!

I replace the tone on my teles with independent vol for each mic. the neck one with a treble bleed cap.

i don't swap out for 2 volume knobs, but i DO put a treble bleed cap on the volume knob of all my tele's. it's an essential mod. takes maybe 3 minutes. Soldering iron, screwdriver, and the capacitor of your choice.

Humbuckers

unscrew the control cavity and doo doo and pee pee inside it, then screw it back in

>Paint it
any advice on this? ive always wanted a plain black tele but i dont know if i can do a good job with home depot spray paint lol

how does that help tone?

is flipping it all that would need to be done? no moving wires or anything? I've never done anything major with it and don't want to fuck it up

>I glued dyed newspaper to it (newspaper was dyed by spraying a mix of water and paint) to make this psychedelic mosaic
>Another I spraypainted it white, put paint in random directions, then spraypainted it all British Racing Green
do you have pictures of these? they sound sick, especially the first one

yeah, all you do is flip it around 180. some people go the extra mile and swap the volume and tone pots around so they're in the opposite hole. again, this just provides easier access to your volume knob for swells. it doesn't improve tone in any way. it's just a quality of life mod.

the stewmac channel has a series of videos on refinishing.

it gives you more of a gibson type sound

Pickups. New Pickguard. Locking tuners. Volume tone pot upgrade. Humbucker with splitcoil. Different gauge strings, i prefer tens. Bone nut. Graphtec bridge. Custom volume tone knobs. Relic the paint job.

You can do a decent job of it by doing the following:
>remove the strings
>cover everything electronic or plastic with either painter's tape and/or newspaper
>spraypaint as required

Not really, no, I've moved recently temporarily so I don't have them on hand. I'm currently working on another one (my P-bass), I'm gonna put some paisley wallpaper underneath, then put strips of another color of paisley wallpaper so it does the psychedelic mosaic thing.

This. Although guitar fags will get mad at you for actually touching your guitar and not just wiping it with mineral oil every 5 min.