So, now that the dust has settled, we all agree that these guys fucking suck, right?

so, now that the dust has settled, we all agree that these guys fucking suck, right?

Attached: mastodon-2020.png (955x500, 237.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mr9kY98EzVM
youtu.be/9d75JaaUVuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buttmetal

how did they win so many grammys?

not really, their first two albums were a particularly cerebral and melodic style of metal in a time when most similar bands hadn’t yet succeeded in not sounding like pointless wankery

>a particularly cerebral and melodic style of metal
lmao do you literally sniff your own farts? holy shit "cerebral" KEK

Hushed & Grim was alright, but it all felt a bit laborious and aimless. All the songs just seemed like an endless succession of parts stitched together to form a tolerable coherent whole.

yes, they were literally never good, just boring industry plants for boomers to drink bud light to

guess which two band members are jews

buttmetal

bill and brent

First two albums are good, everything after that is pretty mediocre. Just an okay band overall

First two albums were good. Coasting ever since.

I remember thinking Blood and Thunder was a good song, but the vocals sucked. Never felt the need to listen to one of their albums.
>a particularly cerebral and melodic style of metal in a time when most similar bands hadn’t yet succeeded in not sounding like pointless wankery
That is how they were promoted. I remember how they made a big deal about making an album about Moby Dick. As if there has never been metal based on literature before. Came off as pretentious and arrogant. I think when they story of metal is told they can be safely left out.

the album with a the whale was super overhyped on here a decade ago...I listened to it a few times, and it was alright

Also, I don't think Moby Dick is a particularly 'metal' novel. They probably are industry plants.

bill and troy

First album with Blood and Thunder was pretty good but they quickly jumped the shark and have made half a dozen or more crap album since. I saw them open for Primus about 5 years ago and they were boring. Plus they got absolutely smoked by the superior Claypool and Co. Overall 2/5 for mastodon

their first album is good
youtu.be/mr9kY98EzVM

third album is pretty good too but has some filler
youtu.be/9d75JaaUVuU

agreed
saw them play on this tour in a tiny club in manchester new hampshire of all places
they killed it

sneed and chuck