1978's Vah Halen vs. 1987's Appetite for Destruction

1978's Vah Halen vs. 1987's Appetite for Destruction

Hailed as two of the greatest American hard rock debuts, separated by one decade. Which do you think is superior?

Attached: VANHVSGNR.jpg (600x300, 63.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1m-DYM7JvMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll go with appetite bro
GnR have that streetwise attitude which I like
Both albums slap though, my favourites

Attached: 1626391235_206_Sugar-Ray-Singer-Mark-McGrath-Says-Dark-Side-of-the.jpg (830x1200, 101.85K)

Sugar gay lol

Who said that?!?!

Every DLR era Van Halen album is better than Appetite.

van halen. not even a contest. appetite is good for what it is, but it's not really groundbreaking. van halen absolutely blew the roof off rock. guns n roses wouldn't exist without van halen.

G n R.
Van Halen makes me cringe

That's because you're a virgin.

Nope I just find it cheesy as fuck.

ywnbaw

>Van Halen vs.Aerosmith

or

>Bon Jovi vs. GN'R

would make more sense

Attached: 1645331267565.png (567x683, 596.71K)

Comparing bon jovi to guns makes no sense at all

Comparing the two biggest arena-rock bands of the 80's makes a lot of sense.

Thematically, VH and Appetite are somewhat opposite bookends to the whole LA rock scene so that's kind of interesting, and besides both bands came late in their respective decade and were really like transitional bands who went into the next so there's also that.

Besides, the original point anyway is about the fact that they are possibly the two most praised debut albums in the field of American hard rock specifically. But for the sake of it, VH > Aerosmith and Appetite > Bon Jovi, really no contest there.

Musically it makes no sense at all. Are you deaf by any chance?

>van halen absolutely blew the roof off rock.
This. And killed Punk and Disco at the same time....As Diamond Dave used to say in '78/79 when he introduced Edward "Here comes the 1980s"

Attached: DLREVH.jpg (500x364, 64.73K)

Waiting...singing about "Paradise City...where the grass is green and the girls are pretty" is not cheesy...but somehow being an Atomic Punk is cheesy?

wew lad.
youtube.com/watch?v=1m-DYM7JvMA

guns n roses sucks

>atomic punk
>ain't talkin bout love
>ice cream man
>little dreamer
>eruption

Attached: 1636851417744.jpg (460x443, 41.33K)

Are you a metalhead by any chance?