Holy shit

holy shit

Attached: Police-album-zenyattamondatta.jpg (300x300, 111.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXYW7kZP6jc
youtu.be/yh4PJPGnicE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Emphasis on "shit"

My favorite album by them is either this or the debut. I think it's interesting how the course of their career shows them slowly transitioning from the stripped down bar rock of their first album, to the progressive electronic sound of their last one. This album is a very good snapshot of them sort of halfway between the two. My favorite song on it is Man in a Suitcase, I don't know how they didn't make it a single. I know they're one of the biggest bands of their era and were basically rivals of bands like U2, but I actually find that for me, they have a similar appeal to bands like The Jam and Television. It's kind of this cool, sort of mod, vaguely artsy punk thing.

Im pleased to see more Police appreciation on Any Forums. Legendary band.

A personal favorite and a pop masterpiece. The production alone is a work of art, I often wonder why the three of them never became album producers. Side A is immaculate and Side B is still real good. Too bad they never tried to make a pure fun record after this. Nothing else besides Reggatta and parts of Ghost has the unique blend of jazz,reggae,ska,synth pop, and slight elements of funk.
U2 opened for them a few shows during the Ghost tour. Seeing all the legendary and mu core bands that would open for U2 puts the Police as forefathers of the alt rock and college rock genres. REM were another Police opener that went on to dominate the alt rock movement for a bit.
It’s about time. The Police have been slept on for a while here and in internet music forums. If XTC, Oingo Boingo, Talking Heads, and DEVO can get a rediscovery, Than the Police are worth one too.

Attached: D4C48068-3F8A-4D12-B909-B98CAEB7394E.jpg (600x600, 106.93K)

Best Police album. I mean they're all good but this one just edges the rest.

Overwatch?

>this one just edges the rest
I love edging, but I hear it's really bad for you.

that bassline tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=AXYW7kZP6jc

THE GENERAL SCRATCHES HIS BELLY AND THINKS!!!

Attached: apu guitar sings.png (1054x750, 427.48K)

WHEN THE WOOOOOORLD IS RUNNING DOOOOOOWN

YOU KEEP THE BEST OF WHAT'S STILL AROUND

every Police song is either totally amazing or complete dogshit and this album is no exception.

Sadly was eclipsed by what came before and also what came after.

Sting must have gotten a kick out of keeping people on their toes wondering if the next track was going to be one or the other

Fuck. Me.

youtu.be/yh4PJPGnicE

I'd like to think so
damn I've never heard Andy go off like that. I'll bet they would have been fun to see live.

i agree with the "shit" part
fpbp
cringe. this site is gradually turned into a cesspool. did you hear about facebook or twitter?

thanks for bumping the thread

Based. I rarely listen to their final album, Zenyatta was peak.

>It's kind of this cool, sort of mod, vaguely artsy punk thing.
New Wave…?

They are probably the best band of their era. I still think The Cure bested them with Disintegration, but The Police were way better musical talents and had just as many hit songs that were much bigger than The Cure’s hits.