I want to learn to play the acoustic guitar. I just placed an order on amazon for a YAMAHA FG800. Did I do good?

I want to learn to play the acoustic guitar. I just placed an order on amazon for a YAMAHA FG800. Did I do good?
amazon.com/gp/product/B01C92QHLC

Attached: 1615208967057.jpg (612x1500, 86.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3OcOPDJeZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably the least shit starter acoustic
good job

thank you, I feel validated in my decision.
I got the dreadnought version over the concert version, was that the right choice?

Yeah that's a good guitar. If you're serious about learning the guitar, make sure to learn how the neck works, learn the placement of notes and scales. Knowing chords is only going to get you so far, so practice scales and inversions (not right away of course, start with the basics and continue moving forwards).
I also recommend you don't join the /gg/ threads because they're an absolute shitfest.

And the theory fag is right on cue lmfao

thanks fren. I pulled my 401k last month. I'm gonna take lessons. I taught myself harmonica (by ear, I cant read music) so Im hoping that will give me some kind of head start

t. shit guitarist
Keep strumming Wonderwall

I learned on this exact model, it's pretty comfortable and sounds good.

Sadly, no. Concert/OOO size is the pinnacle of guitar shapes.

You don't need to read music to play guitar, but knowing some basic things about how the music works will get you a long way. Good luck, learning the guitar is frustrating for a while but just keep at it.

checked
why?
convince me to cancel my order and buy concert version. its not too late to cancel my order

my whole goal with this is to be able to play this song
youtube.com/watch?v=H3OcOPDJeZk

which version (concert/dreadnought) would play country songs better?

It's just a matter of preference. A dreadnought will give you more volume and deeper bass. Honestly for a complete beginner it's not gonna matter.

This song is very basic, with some practice you should be able to play this within a short time. Both dreadnoughts and concerts are good for country, the particular playing in this song would probably be better suited for a dreadnought imo.

don't listen to that fag, you want big and volume. concerts are for city slicker fags

I like dreads and concerts, if you're just starting it won't be much that you'd notice anyway

thanks fren. im excited to get started now

Like user said, it's just preference. The dreadnought will be louder, warmer, and bassier. OOOs are balanced and more focused.
You got a great guitar, user.

Just be patient is the most important, it's going to seem very daunting at first, but you can do it if you don't get disheartened

Nah, making massive gains with little to no effort is the best. Full-steam ahead.

the arpeggio in wonderwall is better than whatever shit you listen to or will ever be able to create

cope and seethe, nerd