Oh look, another completely unnecessary comeback album

Oh look, another completely unnecessary comeback album

Attached: tears-for-fears-600x600.jpg (600x600, 58.06K)

It's alright

I shed some tears when I heard the "Woman in Chains" guitar line come back on "Rivers of Mercy" when they showed it off during their talk in London on Monday. Sadly I wasn't too big on the rest they revealed after that, but I'm still excited to hear the whole thing straight through.

The real question is:
who's got any of the 3 bonus tracks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plz tell me it's good?

The singles are alright, the second half is largely filler
Tries too hard to sound like Depeche Mode at times

>Tries too hard to sound like Depeche Mode
Wow, two bands I could never tell apart

Shout is honestly their only song that really sounds like DM

Truth.
Surely you've only heard a handful of hits, ?
I'll defend their cheesy solo/reunited materials since the start of the 90s, but at the very least, the first 3 TFF albums are god tier.

DM has Construction Time Again, Some Great Reward, and Black Celebration, but I can't say any of those are as good as the first couple Tears albums.

You didn't even mention their best albums Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion which mog everything TFF have ever made

TFF have 3 great albums while DM have 7

Hopefully people will now go back and appreciate how much better the previous comeback album was.

Attached: tears_for_fears-everybody_loves_a_happy_ending_a_2.jpg (984x984, 276.4K)

>who's got any of the 3 bonus tracks?
I could go down to Target and get 2 of them right now but I figure someone will come through with the Super Deluxe before the weekend's out anyway

That's a Swastika

320 is already on RuTracker

>Music for the Masses mogging everything TFF have ever made
No.

Too much Beatles worship on that one, but it was still pretty good.

Went in with low expectations and got pleasantly surprised, Long Time, Break the Man, My Demons, Rivers of Mercy and Master Plan were great tracks.

The title track is the most memorable by far

I liked the title track, but it felt a bit too close to Everybody Wants to Rule the World to me.

Weakest TFF album, but still pretty solid desu

Agh, at least 2 or maybe all 3 bonus tracks are better than 2 or 3 of the album cuts :(

After first listen, I'd replace "Master Plan" and especially "My Demons" with "Shame (Cry Heaven)" and especially "Secret Location". And I'd probably choose to keep "Long Long Long Time" over "End of Night" on the album, but you could probably replace either of those with "Let It All Evolve" IMO.

Overall, the album is solid. Some peaks, some valleys; "that's life". The pretty spots are quite pretty. Funnily enough, everything I've said so far could be said about the LAST album too, and its two bonus tracks (maybe even including the two Secret World tracks as well)
Glad they're still together {again, anyway} and adding to their repertoire.

Though I must say, the album sounds like some actual dynamic range would have really quite helped it....gone are the breadth, depth, and detail in virtually every pore of material like the Seeds of Love sessions – it seems the mixing/mastering on this record did quite the injustice. In spots it hurts to listen to in a similar way to Green Day's 'Revolution Radio'.
Would/could that Blu-Ray surround mix that got released be any better?

cheeky bastards

How did they get away with this?
Also checked.

>Would/could that Blu-Ray surround mix that got released be any better?
It almost certainly will lack the same limiting and will score much higher on a DR meter when downmixed
With modern recordings a lot of the compression tends to be baked into the mix though