Thoughts on him?

Thoughts on him?
His reviewing style can get a bit headdy but otherwise I tend to find nice new music throughout his guides (for example his 2021 trap guide helped me a lot).
All in all, his music theory knowledge can be a bit overwhelming but he still has a didactic way of explaining that it fools you into thinking you're understanding complex situations.
Also his dry humor is cool (unlike Fantano) and he reviews obscure music that nobody knows about, on top of classics and trendy music.
Thoughterinos?

Attached: szhq9h1589t71.jpg (750x814, 48.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gV__gMgJceU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I stopped watching GameGrumps after JohnTron left.

Do poeple still need a "critic" to tell them what to like? It's 2021 ffs, just listen to it and decide yourself.

Music critic on youtube
>gives general context of the band
>explains their rajectory
>explains the music, genre, what the musicians do, compares to other works, etc, etc
>entertains
>receive information about the work in question which you can use socially, even if you didn't really listen to the album
>you get to be part of a social circle

Listening to music
>all research must be done manually outside of source material
>have to sit through an album, sometimes more than an hour
>have to pay attention and somehow know about music
>lonely process
>not very fun

Yeah I wonder why people prefer critics.

literally game grumps fusion, what the fuck
no i don't know him or care about critics much anymore but damn

I don't need to know any of this to enjoy (or dislike) a record, and if I care enough about the background I'll look it up myself

Yeah, god forbid one has to actually listen to the music.

....fuck, I worded that poorly.
It's NOT that I don't like listening to music, it's just that reviewers are more entertaining plus they always have a social circle.

>...body?

I want to review and be famous.

Lol Dan Hanson

STAYVUN

This dude trolling

I think what he meant was the critic listens to the music for you, provides some insight, and then you can judge for yourself if you want to listen to it. Obviously you're still going to listen to some music, otherwise what are you doing here? What is this, /lit?

A critic helps you find music you are more likely to enjoy, because there is too much music to listen to it all and I don't want to waste time sifting through it all.

other anons have said it already but this looks like the perfect merge of Dan and Arin what the fuck

Personally I've been getting more into on the flip side.
youtube.com/watch?v=gV__gMgJceU

i dropped gg after the dingdong/julian debacle

I believe Arin said he listens to jam bands like moe. which is whatever
Danny's favorite band is Rush which makes him based

>have to sit through an album
>not very fun
extremely based, would rather get the full album experience in just a ten minute fantano video rather than listening to the album.

fpbp

Darin Havidan