Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Phvor3dg&ab_channel=BetacamSP

im not an experienced singer, infact i would be shtty fkin singer, but im 99% percent sure he's only lip syncing the epic 'oh-oh-oh-oh' part?
how do i learn to sing that part, anons, i wanna get better at singing and once in a while singing to a lyrics video of some song is gonna make me improve but the 'oh-oh-oh' prolly involves advanced technique

Attached: jim.png (361x197, 184.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Phvor3dg&ab_channel=BetacamSP
youtube.com/watch?v=IRFeUc2KnBY&ab_channel=DeadMansBonesBand
voca.ro/1bZUJiOJarXP
youtube.com/watch?v=5EHqpiw50j8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimora
youtube.com/watch?v=SpltY0un_AI
youtube.com/watch?v=ylwBbkamjkw
youtube.com/watch?v=gZc42RRxfr0
youtube.com/watch?v=FVDhKVDSGB8
youtube.com/watch?v=z-v4ASX8ZnA
youtube.com/watch?v=S7q28O5UT-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could you do a less retarded way of linking this

youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Phvor3dg&ab_channel=BetacamSP

also known as, Baltimora - tarzan boy

Are you joking me? It's just drenched in reverb. This isn't a difficult song.

>drenched
can you throughly explain lol
dont even understand what you mean

Huh. The guy from drive never struck me as the singing type.

xD

Ryan Gosling sings tho
youtube.com/watch?v=IRFeUc2KnBY&ab_channel=DeadMansBonesBand

Reverb and delay are known as 'wet' sounds so they are refered to as 'drenched' if turned high. Buy a cheap PA and an sm58 and point the speaker at yourself in your garage. Turn up the reverb. You'll get it. Hearing yourself is the biggest key to singing well.

>prolly involves advanced technique
i think its tape or sampling trickery. too precise, too consistent, too in tune.

voca.ro/1bZUJiOJarXP

Something like this? Probably just more practice. I'm pretty close immediately.

lol,
>>Probably just more practice
definitely

i can do it more accurately than you also when i did it immediately, but to get those 10 seconds in tune accurately i dont even know how i would begin to get to there lol

Idk by the 3rd try there I was getting close. It might be lip syncing but I don't think it is that much to do live. People like this exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=5EHqpiw50j8

Italodisco fan here. Many Italodisco projects had the strategy of having a singer(s) + producer(s) produce the song and then hire an experienced and attractive dancer(s) to provide the stage presence. For Baltimora this stage presence provided by Jimmy McShane, an Ireland born dancer. So yes, every part of that performance is lipsynched as that was the modus operandi for many Italodisco acts of the 1980's. Other such acts are Fun Fun (which changed their stage lineup in the midst of their popularity) and Den Harrow.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimora

youtube.com/watch?v=SpltY0un_AI

Attached: expert on this subject cirno.jpg (600x800, 77.06K)

Wow that's gross. Not normally an authenticity faggot but at least Jamiroquai or Stevie Wonder actually do the shit live.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylwBbkamjkw
youtube.com/watch?v=gZc42RRxfr0

Singing live as well as possible is something to really strive for.

Well, it did produce some really good live performances and did trick most people back then. I only learned of this when reading the wikipedia pages for some of the italo acts I liked. The truth is that 1980's dance oriented synthpop was pretty money oriented so they did pull every trick to get a lot of sales/radio plays, but this applies nowadays too. The singer for Fun Fun, Ivana Spagna eventually did have a solo career of her own and she released some iconic songs. I don't have an answer for how the iconic 'oh-oh-oh-oh' part was sang, but Maurizio Bassi produced the song, so he probably provided the base for the vocals at least, though its possible that it was edited in post to alter the pitch the way it does.

Fun Fun - Baila Bolero
youtube.com/watch?v=FVDhKVDSGB8

Spagna - Call me
youtube.com/watch?v=z-v4ASX8ZnA
Spagna- Easy lady
youtube.com/watch?v=S7q28O5UT-o

Fuck that left chick is hot.

Yes. Too bad she's the worst performer of the three who performed as Fun Fun in their lifetime. She keeps getting the choreography wrong in most of the live performances and her eyes look like she's abusing drugs, which I wouldn't hold past an italian model.

so youre telling me jimmy didnt even do a studio version? wtf

No, Jimmy was just the frontman. At least according to the data available Maurizio Bassi did the studio vocals and the synths etc. a lot of italodisco bands/"artists" did this kind of thing. Its not really that different from modern dance pop artists except the dance pop artists do the singing themselves while the songs are often produced and written by others.

In that video she is doing much better than the other girl.

so who is actually singing?

Probably Maurizio Bassi from what I've researched (not very much). You're free to do your own digging.

Your taste is shit. The girl on the left in the white shirt is shit and you're shit for claiming otherwise.

i mean no way an italian sang the song is an english accent and from when i head jimmys voice in an interview it sounds a lot like the voice from the song

Well, that is what the current info is. Its hard to ask Jimmy since he died from AIDS in the 90's, but its always possible. Would be kind of weird that many places claim Jimmy was only a frontman if he actually sang.