What does Any Forums think about Zen Arcade?

What does Any Forums think about Zen Arcade?

Attached: ODQ0LmpwZWc.jpg (600x600, 222.82K)

the best there ever was. Zen Arcade and New Day rising are both great fucking albums.

Best double album ever, best concept album ever... a band that did hardcore punk better than anyone else and then uplifted it on this album by incorporating many other genres and influences... great atmosphere, great themes, overall great album!

Stage musical, and movie when?

Attached: motivator7eaf96e01b93846f81adc771559988af17e6bbf7.jpg (600x750, 98.07K)

great album. worst song is turn on the news. shit lyrics, nothing interesting going on musically. they never should have tainted such a great album with that turd

this. its in my top ten of all time easy

Kinda patchy towards the end/second third, but obviously a great album. Candy Apple Grey would be my fave HD, though.

heard of its existence in some magazine, wire maybe or rolling stones, in the mid 90s. they were doing a top 100 of "alt" albums or something and i had access to no info back then. it was up there in the list. the 2 lines blurb about it being a conceptual punk album and the cover art made an impression on me. bought it without any more info and money wa scarce, cd expensive... and i didnt regret it. it is a pretty varied chunky ride, and have heavy shit like other bands that were happening then so that was cool, to listen to an album made maybe a decade prior that was so relevant.

also, i read that list in the magazine in the stand... they were like 10 bucks... relevant information was so fucking rare back then, we were all so fucking ignorant. especially in teh country with no college radio.

Love that album, can't get into any of their other stuff though, not even New Day Rising. Don't Want To Know If You're Lonely is a nice tune.

Easy Top 20 for all hardcore, even if I prefer the less than 3 minutes angry adrenaline rushes of bands like Minor Threat

Not even the best punk double album to come out on SST in July of 1984

Attached: R-421057-1346605023-4851.jpg (300x300, 10.29K)

mogs

Attached: sandinista!.jpg (1585x1600, 500.03K)

I've always thought Husker Du sucked ass. Could never get into them despite how people rave about them. Minutemen are far superior.

The most ambitious album of arguably the best band of the 80s, it is quite inconsistent but the good parts are so good that makes the bad parts feel irrelevant
I used to hate that song too, it has the most "arena rock vibes" of all of them
The clash fucking sucks

came here to post pretty much all this

real punk rock is reggae music and you cannot deny this, all the best punk bands made reggae on the side

All the best punk bands made a good combination between punk and reggae that didn't feel out of place, like PiL or fugazi, certainly not The Trash

Husker Dont

It's based, op

Good album. New Day Rising and Flip Your Wig are good too

Same here, though my favorite DC band is Void