Electronic drums: good or bad?

Electronic drums: good or bad?

I'm sure it depends on what you buy. I have a budget of 1500 USD. Can go higher if absolutely necessary. But I want to know if they are actually good. I.e. are they sturdy and do I have to keep buying replacement parts or are they good for at least a few years.

Acoustic drums are out of the question because my wife is worried about our young children's hearing and she is sensitive to noise herself. I don't really get any time to myself in the house since they're usually around when I'm off work.

Also shpuld I buy new or used? Money's not really an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: electric-drum-set-500x500.jpg (500x500, 36.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zioEaqjPAGI
youtube.com/watch?v=vaxxLnfft1I
open.spotify.com/album/1pTdGWdU5BoAhIaEgTrwzy?si=-P5Oh20bSJe1TS8ysYPxvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=B80LyRMdeHI
soundcloud.com/hey_person/welcome-to-louisiana
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're nice to have if you don't want to piss off your neighbours (headphones) and there's a variety of sounds you can play around with.

If you are serious about drumming to the point where you want to spend that much, you should have a real acoustic set first

The cheap ones degrade quickly. either get a nice one or don't expect a budget one to last.

>I have a budget of 1500 USD.
industry plant

if you spend enough you'll get something that sounds good and feels close enough to the real thing, and they last long enough. The main problem is that the rebound and feel will never be spot on, if you practice on an electronic kit then go out and jam/gig on a real one your playing might be hampered as you adjust. Also more subtle things like stuff you can do with the rims and cymbals won't translate. What are your ambitions with drumming?

Nothing beats an acoustic set. That being said, if you are concerned about pissing off neighbours or roommates or whatever, an electric kit is great. I had my electric kit for 6 years when I was in college. I was lucky enough to be on the bottom floor of the apartment complex so I didn't have to worry about downstairs neighbours worrying about the pedals. I never replaced anything for those 6 years, and it still works fine to this day. I spent about $900 USD on my kit, so $1500 should be enough to get you a plenty decent one. Try to put it in the basement or the bottom floor if you can.

I guess I should mention my goals too: I'm not planning on being a "real drummer" because guitar is my main instrument. I'm getting it so I can do drum work in my songs since I've tried craigslist and it's so damn spotty trying to find people. So I'm not concerned with technique subtleties or anything

I don’t have the property for an acoustic set right now. I got a TD-11 off the floor at guitar center. I use logic pro’s stock drum kits and they sound great. Would love to upgrade the toms to the mesh heads

lol just use a machine and dont bother
the machine can dumbed down to your level but youll never level up to it because you dont want to
literal waste to play at all

Post one (1) good rock song that uses a drum machine and sounds good. Industrial doesn't count.

youtube.com/watch?v=zioEaqjPAGI

Not my style at all and thats funk not rock

youtube.com/watch?v=vaxxLnfft1I

Electric drums good
Have you heard them shits?
open.spotify.com/album/1pTdGWdU5BoAhIaEgTrwzy?si=-P5Oh20bSJe1TS8ysYPxvQ

Wtf

Wtf again

do you have super boring taste or what?
youtube.com/watch?v=B80LyRMdeHI

Guys, I've bought e drums. What should I do to improve my rhythm and timing?

I'm yet to try an e drum that feels good. Even as someone who lives across from a music shop and has to hear people blasting really shitty fills in 4/4 every day I say get a real drum kit if you're serious a out it. Kids can put in earplugs, which every musician should do, even flute players.

I literally just made a black metal track with E drums.
soundcloud.com/hey_person/welcome-to-louisiana