/prod/ - music production general

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Don't respond to namefags and attention seekers

Previous:

Attached: 1644455500055.jpg (2914x4096, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/15AZw1YpI2la
vocaroo.com/11BDkDMVxUFf
voca.ro/13GiObbV8jiy
voca.ro/16kWVLqyisIJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RIP Dubbi

I miss that lil nigga like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: 1631260049986.jpg (800x917, 479.95K)

fuck off

repost bc got fucked by thread limit:

1st track on my new album (90s/70s rock/songwriter/country rock), recorded everything but the drums at home and mixed it myself. think this is the final mix unless anyone has any notes

thanks to the person who said they liked it last thread btw

voca.ro/15AZw1YpI2la

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 9.42.27 PM.png (882x870, 920.73K)

im glad these threads exist i love you faggots so much

:p

vocaroo.com/11BDkDMVxUFf

Attached: 1572337096007.png (555x828, 249.01K)

I miss my nigga Demarcus. Where is he?

>melodyne showing exactly how bad your pitch is
it fucking hurts

This is probably just the alcohol talking but I love you guys too no homo. Even if I haven't finished a project in over 2 years now.

Bump :|

stop

Attached: 1632510445688.jpg (600x683, 33.05K)

voca.ro/13GiObbV8jiy

Can I get feedback on this mix

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9.33K)

I CAN’T, ITS MY DESTINY

[spoiler]it made it worse[/spoiler]

voca.ro/16kWVLqyisIJ

Attached: 1645523027934.png (400x400, 187.65K)

>sitting at a friends home studio who is a rapper with decent success in my country (well according to views and clicks)
>just messing around in FL Studio using his monitors instead of my cheap SR850 headphones
>his producer friend joins us (who has also decent success and got some placements with bigger names)
>so they chill on the sofa smoking shisha while I still mess around in FL
>he gave me some old acapellas of his to remix
>so I load up the Acapella, load up a patcher preset I created and start processing it
>acapella immediately sounds different because my patcher preset does the heavy lifting and all I have to do is adjusting some details
>his producer friend: "yo wtf, what plug-in did you use to make it sound so good so fast?"
>I show him my patcher preset and explain some of the knobs
>"where can I buy it?"
>I tell him he can't buy it, it is just stock plug-ins in a chain
>he starts to ask me questions and I try my best to answer him (I would call myself a beginner)
>I realise this dude is making some money with his music and is still clueless of some of the most basic vocal proccessing aproaches

I think I'll just jump on Distrokid and just start releasing my stuff. Always thought I need to be way better to finally release something, better at sound design, better at arrangement, better at mixing...

Being knowledgeable doesn't guarantee good results and being ignorant doesn't mean you get shit results m8

Yeah I know, but I realised that my approach of "getting better first" is wrong. No need to wait until I finally can afford better equipment to improve my music. People tell me it is good and I'm like "yeah but it could be better mixed".

>"getting better first" is wrong
Can't really judge whether that's right or wrong for you having heard nothing of yours, but I think the vast majority of musicians waste their time putting the cart before the horse when it comes to judging whether or not the quality of their music justifies putting it out there.

Equipment matters but don't use it as an excuse ofc, and for sure producers tend to wayyyy overvalue the importance of mixing to the average person

Are 5 octaves (61 keys) enough to play the most existing songs?

Attached: 0b95834j3gkt8309b833gn94gf3hlt93v3g8039h7jh3.jpg (1000x1000, 62.46K)

Not most classical repertoire or even a lot of solo arrangements of pop songs, but if you just want to play the chords to pop songs even 49 keys will do provided you know how to do some basic arranging or improvising.
I kind of dislike modern 61 key keyboards because middle C isn't in the middle and they feel off balance to me.