Realistically, what happened to Bob Dylan to make him go full recluse circa 1967? I don't buy the motorcycle crash story

Realistically, what happened to Bob Dylan to make him go full recluse circa 1967? I don't buy the motorcycle crash story

Attached: Bob_Dylan_-_John_Wesley_Harding.jpg (300x300, 22.33K)

i think all the backlash to "folk rock Dylan", drugs, the constant booing on his '66 tour, plus burnout from being on the road for the past four years played a bigger role

The rumor was he supposedly freaked out after taking tarantula venom, probably just hippie nonsense based on the name of his book Tarantula, but ya never know.

Attached: 1527886585541.png (1334x750, 833K)

He hated being idolized and propped up as "the voice of a generation" and all that crap, as well as the constant media scrutiny and everyone and their grandmother trying to put labels and interpretations on him. He wanted to just get away from it all for a while.

He burned out for a bit. Dude was on a nonstop roll from the time he left Hibbing until alleged motorcycle accident.

>can't play an instrument
>can't sing
>don't know basic music theory
>listen to dogshit bands with horrific singing like black country gay road, bob dylan, mountain goats for the 'relatable' lyrics

Why yes I am a music expert. How could you tell?

Attached: MV5BOGVkMTM4NzktYmUxMC00M2E3LWJhNzEtMmE0OWJlMmMyYTQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg (500x281, 17.7K)

He rejected the “voice of a generation” label, went electric and alienated lots of his fans, got booed down a year straight in 1966, and was strung out after a long tour. If you watch No Direction Home you can see how tired he was both physically and mentally.

His going electric arguably did more to strengthen his "voice of a generation" tag than diminish it. Woodstock was held where it was partially because the promoters wanted to get him to play.

he finally got laid lol

What others have said in the thread, but I'd also add in that the alleged "motorcycle incident" seems to have been at least partially borrowed from the suspicious motorcycle death of his old friend/rival Richard Fariña, which itself made him more paranoid than usual.

He realized leftists, hippies, activists and so on are just envious sociopaths who try to use other people's decency against them to gain power, so he became a moderate anti-everything, and later, following that path, a newborn christian.

he was just sitting waiting for the police to show up, but it took 50 years or so for the truth to come out

>hmm, how can I inject by fox news brainwashing into this thread...

He was a jewish plant through and through.

He was right

lmao

That was when he decided to devote more of his time to his original love and passion: raping.

>one debunked accusation

Find someone else to shitpost about, Bob’s clean as a whistle.

It really says a lot about Bob's character that the best they could do to cancel him was an easily debunked rape accusation from the 60s

There's some stuff I don't like about him that's directly linked to his art - his art would be unrecognizable if you took away all the borrowings in it, all the way from his first album to Rough and Rowdy Ways, so it's more than a bit hypocritical that he sued Hootie and the Blowfish (and I'm not sure about how I feel about Sony possibly being able to sue others for borrowing from his songs now) - but not much about how he treats others in real day to day life.

I have a song that copies the vocal melody of Desolation Row with an added chorus that deviates from the melody coming out on my next album. Part of me wants to get sued, it might actually bring attention to my music.