What happened to the guy who made this?

What happened to the guy who made this?

youtube.com/watch?v=_fr4SV4fGAw

Listen to We Major. The production is so meticulously crafted. Everything on this album sounds so rich and luxurious. The early Kanye albums were such a breath of fresh air at the time. It was enough to make a rock boomer like me take interest in hip hop. You could tell that this was high effort music with a true perfectionist at the helm. And after MBDTF, this type of thing just went away.

I really do miss the old Kanye.

Attached: 2091BA4D-6CE1-4FCA-93BD-79979ED28AE7.jpg (1200x1183, 250.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qxlnb1lEdEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The most important person in his life died

It was absolutely tragic. I still have my parents, so I can’t imagine the pain. Though we still got 808s and MBDTF after that. But when you add it all up it makes sense. He lost his Mom, his mental illness progressed, and he is now a billionaire surrounded by innumerable yes-men who do nothing but blow smoke up his ass all day.

I just find it really sad. I listen to a song like Roses from Late Registration and I wonder if that guy is even still in there.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qxlnb1lEdEs

this

been watching the documentary, kanye's mom is like comically supportive, no wonder he's so confident...

something happened between yeezus and TLOP. he became content with rushing and putting out half assed music that just got reuploaded later. you could argue he did it with yeezus by getting rick rubin to remix at the last minute but I thought that was good

His first 3 albums are his best & will never be topped, not up for debate

Yeah I think he did it with Yeezus but he lucked out and the album turned our good. So he decided that he could just do that every time.

He had a pretty great run all the way to life of pablo my guy. Great production on all those albums and each one is unique.

the original kanye died, his mom makes the music now

>What happened to the guy who made this?
he actually evolved, instead of following the usual path of making the same shit over and over again until you become a glorified novelty artist and then forgotten.

>I listen to a song like Roses from Late Registration and I wonder if that guy is even still in there.
i get the same feelings from lift me up or true love that i get from roses. kanye is still the same guy he's always been, his music just sounds different than it used to.

he's been "patching" his music since 808s. remember when he released the original love lockdown on his blog and then rerecorded it for the album because he got so much negative feedback on the chorus?

He evolved.
If he stuck to chipmunk soul for over two decades absolutely noone would be listening anymore.
Kanye west is the shining example of how to continue to push and evolve as an artist, not just to stay relevant but to provide new sonic experiences.
Call me a Ye dick rider, idgaf. I genuinely love JIK as much as I love Graduation as much as TLOP as much as Late Registration.

Maybe you need to rethink what music is to you and how it's more fun to try new things than have the same playlist since high school.

Kanye died?

RIP kanye

>He evolved.
That's not what OP and others are criticizing here. No one will deny that he embraced different sounds and directions even earlier in his career, but when he picked a theme he remained cohesive for the album and maintained a high degree of perfectionism for the production. After Yeezus, all his albums feel poorly put together, rushed, half baked.

I'll be honest: I never listen to Late Registration anymore. Of course thought it was super cool but looking back is bottom tier Kanye for me. If I want to hear this type of sound I'll always listen to college dropout. With that being said We Major is amazing.

I, too, miss the old Kanye

It's fucking funny because now zoomers are saying "he fell off since TLOP/Ye because of donda 1/2 when millennials said the same shit except MBDTF/Yeezus beaches of TLOP/Ye"
Entire generations are finding his music, loving it, then disliking the evolution.
I think that is objective evidence that it's more a taste based thing than a quality issue.

Listen to Yeezus in the dead of night speeding down the highway over 90 mph. It will quickly become your favorite Kanye west album

drive slow

fuck it i'll put it on