What is a contraculture today?

Association between modern popular western music and contraculture is at least century long.
>jazz
>rocknroll
>psychedelyc '60s
>punk
>electronic music
>hip-hop
This association is hard to argue. As well, it's hard to argue that it was very creative century for music.

How can contraculture be defined today? What is the hegemonic or established culture that should be opposed; and should it really be opposed?

Attached: 1643054584669.jpg (480x360, 43.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/1pTdGWdU5BoAhIaEgTrwzy?si=XjprszaXQU2d_FPJ0TSqkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its "counterculture" you tard

Tom Macdonald

Sorry, I'm a ESL speaker and really high and tired at the moment. Just trying to relax by thinking on some important and interesting themes.

Can't argue on that. But for me it seems crazy that such safe and vanilla activity can be considered counterculture (look mom, I'm writing it right). And why it lacks creativity of XX century music?

>imagine what music a normie would consume
>not that

a lot of counterculture music and other media was consumed by normies very rapidly and successfully. seems like bad criteria to me.

It probably is shit like Negative XP incelcore if only because that whole scene is vilified by every ideological totem of today. tradeoff is it's not v interesting. modern culture is just a very wide pool of ooze that coopts almost everything into itself; the only thing that cannot be coopted is the utterly disgusting, obscene and offensive and that generally makes for bad music. although, we do certainly have much better infrastructure for a countercultural movement given the freedom of distribution the internet provides

>What is the hegemonic or established culture that should be opposed; and should it really be opposed?
Globohomo

Attached: stand-down-goy.png (1120x580, 216.3K)

This seems like most obvious answer. However, I'm Christian and I've spent a lot of time on Any Forums and I'm trying to be objective and openminded. And Any Forums looks like it's most liberal board I visit. So I expected some variety of opinions.

It's echoing the same conservative christian American foreign policy backed opinions your neoconfederate grandma hears tucker carlson spew every night on the most watched news network in the u s of a

What's the answer then, systemic racism? White supremacy? The Patriarchy? Fascism?
Stop being disingenuous.

Attached: 1644193833506.jpg (1688x2372, 528.44K)

>although, we do certainly have much better infrastructure for a countercultural movement given the freedom of distribution the internet provides

>it's the poison that will cure you, trust us

reminder that Any Forums is globalism

counterculture is opposing the vaxx.

if you took it already, consider yourself assimilated. good luck next life.

everything we do and rely on on a daily basis in the west is globalism, polfucks definition of globalism is just when white girls fuck brown guys

Rebellion against "the Man" is the psychological manifestation of a society of youth bound and gagged by their own technological devices; the fear of Frankenstein's monster, 5G, by people living in contradiction of progress and oppression by the Data Lords. If you don't understand, it's because you are too early. Please excuse my English.

Attached: sebus-7ed62a20-e826-4979-b00d-83149212e1e2.jpg (1024x738, 775.66K)

i did neglect to mention my concrete belief in blinding light of beauty which is also impossible to coopt by modern ideology by nature, as it opposes it inherently. the only problem is the general infirmity of zoomers who struggle to produce any worthwhile art. still, hope peeps thru cracks in the machine. the only way out is through -- you can NOT return to any past epochs nor can u avoid or ignore the all pervading technological influence of modern world

Anti-lyric and post melody are the only true forms of modern counter culture with any sort of actual relevance
open.spotify.com/album/1pTdGWdU5BoAhIaEgTrwzy?si=XjprszaXQU2d_FPJ0TSqkQ

Attached: D1501FD7-C742-444E-A80B-18D21C14F0F3.jpg (486x543, 181.15K)

NXP and incel shit is only counterculture in the weird "well everyone else hates us" technical sense
what they actually want and advocate for is to reverse everything every progressive and counterculture movement has been working for and set us back to what they imagine the 1950s status quo was