Scott walker

Thoughts?

Attached: _106166126_walker1_1970_getty.jpg (976x549, 92.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=torgUjMyRKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very very good interesting artist with shitloads of great songs. Surprised he never became bigger. He should definitely be on the same level as nick cave or Leonard Cohen.

Easily my favorite vocalist, only person I can point to and say "that's the voice I want" with no qualifiers. His songs are incredible, too.

I think he was more of a reclusive weirdo than those two, didn't really have the personality for fame.

Genius probably

big fan of his baroque pop work but I like his experimental stuff too a bit less

Genius - final trilogy of albums are some of the greatest in modern history

I love tilt and I find drift and bisch Bosch very interesting but I never feel like listening to them again. There more like syphomnies than great songs

Everyone unfairly sleeps on the Walker Brothers. Their work was a lot more sophisticated and predictive of Scott's ambitions than people give them credit for, but they were treated like teen idols so no one takes them seriously and Scott's underground fans treat it like an embarrassing footnote in his story, when it was actually a crucial one.

Attached: walker_brothers.png (600x902, 361.89K)

Watching Bronson for the first time and hearing the electrician convinced me this guy is a genius. there's nothing like the sound of that song.

I think of Bish Bosch as a demented radio play broadcasting from hell

I'm a big Scott fan but I'm ashamed to say I've never listened to the walker brothers albums. Which ones should I start with? Any really stand out albums?

nite flights is where Scott descends into madness.

Their original three albums aren't very consistent, mostly because they couldn't pick a lane between pop ballads and R&B tunes, and they did the latter pretty poorly, but there are lots of highlights throughout. There aren't any really good comprehensive compilations out there, either. Just listen to the albums, but keep in mind they're a hodgepodge. Images is where you really start to see Scott drifting away and developing his solo sound on some tracks.

I like them both but the art pop era is definitely more listenable. The Drift isn't something I can just throw on.

definitely, scott 3 and 4 are good everyday bangers

Pic related likes him, thats enough for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=torgUjMyRKc

Attached: asxsadas.jpg (1105x727, 177.74K)

They were singles artists so try there best ofs

How could anyone genuinely listen to scott Walker and dross like Taylor swift. I couldn’t think of artists more separate

scott 3 is his only good album, but it's really good.

Same, but I believe Climate Of Hunter combines the best of two worlds. It's dark and lyrically bleak, but it's not too sparse and has some very nice melodic songs.

Hes genuinely autistic.
I read an interview with him, he goes to AOTY every Friday and listens to every new album released that day for an entire week. He has multiple speakers set up around his house, so he can walk around and do other shit while they play in the background.