This was a major influence to The Cure, REM, The Pixies, Suede, and Sonic Youth

>this was a major influence to The Cure, REM, The Pixies, Suede, and Sonic Youth
>would be compared to later acts like the Strokes and Franz Ferdinand even though they never heard about them

It just has solid production even though the songs aren't amazing. Overrated.

Attached: Marquee-Moon-Vinyl-Rip-2012-cover.jpg (1300x1300, 236.32K)

>even though they never heard about them
kek as if.
that would be like bcnr saying they'd never heard arcade fire.

The Strokes never really heard about Television when fags were comparing to them in interviews. They were more into the influence of The Velvet Underground more than anything.

i totally believe that..... NOT

>It just has solid production even though the songs aren't amazing. Overrated.
do zoomers really

Lol do you really believe that

>even though they never heard about them
Lies

Are Hammond Jr. and Valensi a better guitar duo than Verlaine and Lloyd?

>>would be compared to later acts like the Strokes and Franz Ferdinand even though they never heard about them
Yeah I never got the comparisons with the strokes, and Franz Ferdinand is a gang of four worship

>It just has solid production even though the songs aren't amazing
they are though

It'd be more like Interpol saying they never heard of The Cure or U2

No.

I honestly don't see the similarity between Television and The Strokes

they only have 1 good song

It's not zoomers you fucking cretin. They never heard of Television.

Attached: 1645394913515.png (1548x1670, 949.8K)

What you don't remember all of those tight turnarounds and 5 minute solos in the Strokes?

I am a zoomer and I love Television. F-R-I-C-T-I-O-N friction! oh yeah.

Attached: 9F40E057-B7E2-4F2E-BBC5-B7AF8AA82F76.jpg (1177x662, 52.38K)

You only have 1 functioning brain cell

Their songs range from decent to great, but nothing too special. This is a case of an influence that bands after Television made way better/memorable stuff out of the album.

The production isn't even noticeable, beyond just being clear. They'd been playing these songs for 4 years by the time this album came out, so they had them down perfectly. They were great musicians, Lloyd and Verlaine were great at working off each other, and Verlaine was a great lyricist. At their best they were transcendent, like Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Patti Smith, Rosa Yemen, and DNA. Punk wouldn't become as interesting again until the post-punk and anarcho-punk scenes finally emerged in the UK.

This but unironically
checked
Honestly I love every song in the album, new wave and post punk perfection. Great solos, nice guitar sounds, fun rhythm section. Tight, good music

it's a great album you just have shit taste