I don't get it. Shit's kind of boring. The guitar work is cool at times...

I don't get it. Shit's kind of boring. The guitar work is cool at times, but I really don't feel with Morrissey and his vocal approach by the lyricism he plays along with the music here. I am filtered.

Attached: Smiths-1.jpg (1410x1418, 217.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wMykYSQaG_c
youtube.com/watch?v=zoo9Vu1a9bU
youtube.com/watch?v=w3qPMe_cCJk
youtube.com/watch?v=5mF4pKSi2SU
youtube.com/watch?v=hnpILIIo9ek
youtube.com/watch?v=dfXqxjMkyQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=SckD99B51IA
youtube.com/watch?v=D1RDbp6sa3A
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmAi9XmlIo
youtube.com/watch?v=ccISaiot-Fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like karaoke by someone whos a little too into themselves

Ok.
Listen to something else.

yea, they're trash

first album is probably objectively their worst. I love The Smiths but the production on their debut is terrible, and all of them pretty much agree.

also a lot of "Seinfeld isn't funny" going on, all of the tropes about broken-hearted indie lads goes back to them

The first record sucks and doesn’t have quality songs. Everything after is brilliant

t. filtered plebs

What moronic opinions. The debut is their best album, and contains Morrissey's best lyricism without question.

overrated on Any Forums but not as bad as morrisey's solo work

Based and truthpilled

Morrissey himself is absolutely not a fan of it especially due to the production and has said so many times. Strangeways is his and Johnnys fave and I'm inclined to agree. Queen is Dead a close 2nd. Debut and MIM kinda tied for 3rd.

Attached: 1432846975.png (457x503, 374.08K)

I didn't like The Smiths for the first couple years I knew about them, but then they clicked really hard, and now they're one of my favorites. Not because of that album, though, the first thing I really liked from them was Louder Than Bombs, which is a singles compilation and still probably my favorite thing they ever did. The debut is one of the last things I really liked.

Before I got into The Smiths, I liked all these bands who were strongly influenced by them, like Suede, The Wedding Present, James, and Echobelly.

I think the lyrics and the emotive romanticism is the draw, plus Marr is a really good guitarist.

Here are some songs I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=wMykYSQaG_c
youtube.com/watch?v=zoo9Vu1a9bU
youtube.com/watch?v=w3qPMe_cCJk
youtube.com/watch?v=5mF4pKSi2SU
youtube.com/watch?v=hnpILIIo9ek
youtube.com/watch?v=dfXqxjMkyQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=SckD99B51IA
youtube.com/watch?v=D1RDbp6sa3A

Morrissey's solowork is hugely underrated especially because so many people dismiss it because of his big mouth opinions rather than the music.

Attached: EYODPH4XgAE_JTn.jpg (1024x682, 194.66K)

they're better than the new music of the same genre...

True. I'm politically left wing, but I find it incredibly stupid and annoying that there's now a solid anti-Morrissey movement because he said a couple conservative things and was involved in a little celebrity drama. I think the people who got caught up in that are irredeemable morons.

Personally I'm a giant fan of his solo-work from Viva Hate up until about 2010. I wouldn't say he produce era defining music but very solid chunky rock with beautiful lyrics and lovely imagery. As long as people don't dismiss it out of hand because "muh morrissey quotes" then I'm fine with any reaction.

Attached: maid.gif (350x543, 2.92M)

I like his early solo material most, but he still releases some good solos. These stood out to me:
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmAi9XmlIo
youtube.com/watch?v=ccISaiot-Fw

Retards
He also thinks World Peace is his greatest album. Musicians often have strange views on their music, it doesn't negate the fact that it's his most accomplished, and perfect record.

His best album, solo or with The Smiths

Attached: hi_1988_vivahatecd_1.jpg (1400x1400, 1.29M)

Just skip this indie shit and move onto Prog (the thinking man's music)

Attached: 1644000557115.jpg (300x300, 39.49K)

Alsatian Cousin is fucking incredible

Their first album is overrated by fanboy smiths for some reason. And me feeling hipster for enjoying low in the high school