What's your argument against

What's your argument against
>popular thing.....is led bad

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f (1).jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

I don't need an argument against boring opinions.

>can't play an instrument
>can't sing
>don't know basic music theory
>listen to dogshit bands with horrific singing like black country gay road, bob dylan, mountain goats for the 'relatable' lyrics

Why yes I am a music expert. How could you tell?

it is, usually. it's designed for mass appeal at the expense of experimentalism and artistic achievement

which is fine, you can like that, just don't compare a big mac to a filet mignon

led zeppelin is not bad; they're good

they're are a ton of genuinely amazing music acts out there that are also extremely popular. I think when most people think of popular music being bad, they think of industry manufactured teen pop acts made to sell as much as possible. People like Billie Eiliish or Olivia Rodrigo are considered bad not necessarily because the music is bad, but because there is a clear audience being appealed to, and their teams are seemingly going out of their way to make sure that audience is sticks around, regardless if the music sounds genuine or not.

Name the genuinely amazing music acts out there that are also extremely popular

i do not give a fuck about you nigger's opinions. you should care about mine because they are superior

/thread

It’s more so that the popular albums in a genre are more general while eventually after you listen to a genre enough you will be more attracted to artists in the genre that satisfy a particular niche which you can’t get with all the popular albums, and gradually your tastes in the genre will mostly be obscure albums and one or two of the popular albums that you can still enjoy while you outgrew most of the others.

popular = mass appeal = lowest common denominator = aversion to challenging concepts = atrophy of psyche

Attached: 1604133079530.jpg (679x522, 89.48K)

Jamiroquai, Stevie Wonder, Dance Gavin Dance

Anything popular on a mass scale lately has been manufactured and engineered in such a way that it not only maximizes your output as a consumer but also allows them to manipulate your mental state into wanting a certain thing or feeling a certain way. A neat rabbit hole to look into is the Travistock institute and their studies on music's effects on people and what those studies led to.

Attached: mtv.jpg (333x500, 32.71K)

I haven't listened to Jamiroquai, you're right about stevie wonder, DGD are terrible

Jamiroquais chord progression on virtual insanity is insane. They have a dim7 in the hook. In the hook of a pop song. Who the fuck uses the vii in a pop song at all let alone in the hook?

"Popular" often refers to the amount of marketing by major corporations it gets
It's not indicative of quality. Quality CAN be mass advertised but if you don't have that corporate backing you're straight out of luck

have sex

But also actual talent helps. Chris Stapleton swept the awards with a fucking I ii IV V boring ass song and he did it because he has a god tier voice.

>Who the fuck uses the vii in a pop song at all let alone in the hook?
stevie wonder

Which is why they are compared with one another so often.

sex = touching my penis to a wet vagina = getting naked in front of someone = not happening