Why does korean shit like Kpop become popular in the west...

Why does korean shit like Kpop become popular in the west, but actually decent Japanese stuff like this fail to get noticed by the mainstream audience?

youtu.be/QLHMhVonF-s

Attached: 1634918728476.jpg (640x480, 32.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xahty3hbf9A
youtube.com/watch?v=xADrCKYUEcc
youtube.com/watch?v=3LCvMXAcIxw
youtube.com/watch?v=67jSYCSrnE4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because of all that pussy dancing around together it's coom bait not music

Because she's not showing enough flesh.

It's funny you say that, because to me, her in that suit looks much more appealing than whores in skimpy clothing. Also, I thought Kpop was more popular with women?

I think it looks better too. And i hate kpop.

because this was released in the 80s? i'd say it's pretty mainstream even still.

This is just an example. The point is, imagine how many good stuff out there that actually took talent that could be popular and gain attention from the mainstream audience, instead of the shit like Kpop

I hate the jap mutt race. Look at that fucking jomon. Sounds like shit too. couldn't listen for longer than 2 sec.

J-Pop is just soulless like K-pop.

both shit

for 15+ years japan actively worked against promoting their music outside of the country

>He's actually implying the interest in kpop is due to the music

>funky disco
:-|
>funky disco, japan
:-O

americans did it better
youtube.com/watch?v=Xahty3hbf9A
youtube.com/watch?v=xADrCKYUEcc
youtube.com/watch?v=3LCvMXAcIxw

you retard the whole mainstream music industry isnt about music

that's the opposite of what he said, bro

>hey guys, Japa-
>WEEEEEEEB YOU'RE THAT EMO FAT GUY IN MEMES FOR SAYING THAT
kids suppress it in schools. it's currently racist to have the same attitude towards Korean stuff, might change if you manage associate Korean stuff with a balding fat white guy somehow.

Why were British boy bands popular in America? Advertising. Japanese record labels aren't pushing their shit on us. K-pop labels are.

> actually decent Japanese stuff like this
according to YOU, cunt
i hate kpop with all my life force but people like it for some reason, you don't get to dictate what's good and what's not

Japan up until recently made it really hard to get their stuff in the west (legally) Only recently did most stuff get put on streaming and full MVs on youtube instead of short ones to make people buy the physical version in Japan. Korea did the opposite for a while, and K-dramas helped. Japan should've done the same with anime years ago, they're just catching up now. But, the Japanese music industry is the biggest in the world, they don't *need* to focus outside of Japan 2bh.

Because Japan flat out ignores the foreign market in most cases while Korea aggressively panders to it. Bands that end up being popular in the west (like Babymetal or OneOkRock) are rare. Lately it also feels like Jpop has become really stale, even the alt-idol stuff for the most part. Young Japanese girls would much rather listen to Kpop or be in a Kpop group than join up with a Japanese one.
Hell, Korea even does the whole City Pop meme better nowadays
youtube.com/watch?v=67jSYCSrnE4

Why do they ignore the foreign market? It's just more profit. I can't think of a reason not to.