OLDFAGS ONLY

what was the perception of him in his prime?

Attached: 1623735695965.jpg (781x1184, 166.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vyESG2mr1nU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His prime was in the Jackson 5
So cute kid

Holy shit, is that Michael "Doo Doo Feces" Jackson. Heard he died yesterday.

He literally sodomized me and punched me

youtu.be/vyESG2mr1nU

It was considered mainstream music for normies. Some deep cuts, but mostly pop for the masses. I truly started to appreciate him years after his death.

Everyone took him for granted

i don't believe anybody on here was old enough to answer your question. white era michael jackson was not his prime, thriller came out 40 years ago. i am in my 30's though and I know the general perception of him was that he was definitely gay, very weird but got a pass because his singing, dancing and music was top tier. oh yeah, and everyone believed he was a molester literally a decade before Bashir special

cute but also amazingly preternaturally talented kid

I was in high school when Thriller came out.
When it dropped it didn't get much attetion, but when his videos started airing on MTV he blew up. And when he did his spot on the Motown 25 show, he went into the stratosphere.
Easily the biggest act since The Beatles.

(continued)
People started to question him personally when he started going on fixed dates with Madonna and others(no sex of course), showing up with his chimp (and/or Emmanuel Lewis) and rumors started to rise about him sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and trying to buy the Elephant Man's bones.
It didn't affect his popularity in the least, but it was the start of the Wacko Jacko image.

was he well liked by everyone or was he only liked by normies? i ask this because it seems like today, everyone is a fan or pretends to be a fan of his

Seemingly everyone, since everyone watched MTV in those days

my parents were into prog rock, punk rock, art rock etc. and they liked him
they were also kids when the jackson 5 was popular though so that may be part of it

If you don’t know anything you don’t have to comment
This guy gets it. Wacko Jacko at first was still the biggest pop star in the world, it wasn’t until just after black or white when he started getting accused heavily. Invincible was hyped massively but everyone knew he was over the hill by then, and he became less productive and went overboard with the surgeries

At his peak he was so popular that isolated tribes in the Amazon knew who he was. Has not been a megastar since

who were his contemporaries around the time?
was there anyone that was near his level around his peak?

Madonna, mainly
Prince was considered too weird by normies until Purple Rain dropped
that's about it

>was considered too weird by normies
And again after Batman

Stevie wonder and Bruce Springsteen probably

not so much Stevie, he wasn't as big as he was in the 70s
I forgot about Bruce though, he peaked commercially with Born In The USA in 84

Prince couldn't write a hook

Springsteen couldn't sing for shit