What is the best metal subgenre and why is it mathcore?

What is the best metal subgenre and why is it mathcore?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 11.51.49 PM-min.png (2704x1298, 733.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q9btNLVRBYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ItqAP3wi19Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because metal only got "good" when it started to be influenced by punk and hardcore, and the point of early metalcore was to combine both genres in a more direct way, now, add decent musicianship and there you go

>mathcore
A more faggot djent. Both fucking blow. Best metal subgenre is what dudes like Midnight, Eldritch and Power Trip are doing.

Black metal, death metal or blackened death metal

Good answer, tbqh my favorite stuff in both genres tends to be the stuff that walks the line between them - mathcore, "neocrust" (crust/sludge), deathgrind, etc. The intensity of punk with a lot of the progressiveness of metal instrumentation.

>A more faggot djent.
lol what a retarded opinion, though Midnight and Power Trip are cool bands. Still, neither has anything on Converge

Easy but decent answer too, blackened death is such a great sound, whether it's "war metal" stuff like Revenge/Archgoat/Beherit/Blasphemy, or more polished stuff like Behemoth.

>best
everything that starts with "technical", "progressive" or "black(ened)"
>worst
everything else

Converge is the logical conclusion to metalcore.
youtube.com/watch?v=q9btNLVRBYQ

I like Tool. What type of metal is that?

Progressive metal right?

It's stoner rock.

half of those are not even metal

fair enough, I think the appeal of metal especially these days is that it's a lot of the most experimental, ambitious, and creative stuff happening in rock. It's interesting to consider these tags in the context of mathcore too, because mathcore is basically the technical/progressive side of metalcore. I'm so divided on metalcore, because I love the early stuff, mathcore, and the stuff that crosses over with genres like crust, while hating the "melodic metalcore" buttrock crap and most deathcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=ItqAP3wi19Q
For me it's the crescendo in The Broken Vow

Attached: Converge - Jane Doe.jpg (599x529, 143.78K)

lol probably, though they were also one of the earliest bands in the genre

I think one of the really cool and appealing things about them is that watching them, it's almost like watching a jazz band, they're so experimental and dynamic. It seems like there's also something weirdly jazzy about Fugazi.

Nice! Such an insane, great album

That's a good point actually. Converge is those once in a lifetime bands, you know? Generational talent that manages to churn out hit after hit and still keep it fresh

Symphonic

People like you only like these genres because you feel they are "for" people like you

Attached: hidpo7465.jpg (934x1400, 262.33K)

No, you're projecting. I also love sludge like Eyehategod, war metal like Blasphemy, grindcore like Napalm Death, doom like Novembers Doom and Esoteric, and drone like The Angelic Process. I just think mathcore is a cool sound. You're a very stupid person.

Death and black metal made between 1985 and 1995.
>poser likes poser music
like pottery

Everything you just named is hot with hipster fans, though

>poser names every single genre that they stereotypically listen to apart from atmoshit
Your point, faggot?

What's not poser shit then? I'm sorry you have an IQ below 70, but Pantera has always sucked.