I want to make prog jazz but I dont own a guitar and don’t plan on learning one

I own a piano and I have a good understanding of jazz theory. Advice?

Attached: 4DF37969-D936-4666-A1E1-EE5AE793E539.jpg (1080x1001, 74.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-nHoEb_OVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0-yvsB9B0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also when I say prog jazz I’m also referring to more-so prog rock/jazz fusion

Ok

so you don't want to make prog jazz otherwise you'd be doing it or learning how to

I want to make it I just don’t want to buy a guitar. Would it be possible to do it electronically?

there are other humans out there
some play guitar
one of them might want to play with you

the key to progressive music and jazz is you just play random notes, it doesn't have to make sense or sound good

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=e-nHoEb_OVQ

yeah, I don't plan on forming a band anytime soon but that's generally the kind of music I aspire to create

fuck this dudes kit sounds fantastic wow!!!! and cymbal stacks in 97?

study terry riley, start there

Get a MIDI keyboard and learn to play bass if you don't find people to work with
>how to tell someone you have never listened to prog without telling them you have never listened to prog

learn how to improvise properly over jazz changes and do that until it gets boring. then invert the polarity on your synth (so the high notes are on the left) to make melodies.

IMO, don't bother trying to make jazz without a human drummer + bassist. The whole point is writing some changes on a napkin and going to town for half an hour

fuck this make solo piano jazz
start with terry riley

>terry riley
before you can play anything as great as terry riley, you must first learn to master the art of drones, tape delays and random diatonic notes. In the meantime, you can work on your skills by chanting hare krishna and not bathing

no
its well documented: he listened to boogie woogie

youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0-yvsB9B0

I don't fucking understand these threads. If you want to do something just do it. Figure it out. The internet has fucked up zoomer's brains.

anytime anyone wants to have a conversation on this board, yaknow to compare experiences and try and learn something from each other some autist has to try and shut it down and be like "loool.... ummm you want to actually talk about music u retard lmao just google it"

also OP Jazz harmony sucks dick

do math/emo harmony in the verse and have big oasis rock chord chorus's

this is hilarious, its good, i listened to the whole thing but wtf

there's 3 black dudes and two white dudes and teh white dudes are singing fake african back and forth at each other like wtf, its uncomfy but lol

i think your zomber perspective is warped

What? Write some fucking songs, then.

>I don't plan on forming a band anytime soon
Why not? It's one of the best things you can do with music. Or one of the worst. Still, it's gonna make your life fuller