On 31 January 2022...

>On 31 January 2022, lead vocalist and guitarist Isaac Wood announced his sudden departure from the band four days before the release of Ants From Up There via the band's Instagram, citing struggles with his mental health.

>On January 15, 2021, Black Midi announced through social media that their guitarist Matt Kwasniewski-Kelvin had been taking time off from the band due to mental health issues and that he is not featured on forthcoming material from the band.

Why are zoomer musicians such fucking pussies?

Attached: Ants_from_Up_There_-_Black_Country,_New_Road.jpg (300x300, 21.18K)

>making tough decisions for the sake of improving your health
>a sign of weakness
Pick one, mental health hasn’t been taken seriously for too long

Don't care zoomer music is garbage

You're right. Kevin Shields should've given up and never finished Loveless.

For every Shields there's a Curtis. Credit to Kevin for pushing through and making a masterpiece, but sooner or later it makes sense to look out for number one for these artists

Ian Curtis had diagnosed epilepsy lol -- Isaac is either doing some psychosomatic Britt Walford thing or him and his fiancee actually broke up

Extremely funny to me that this release solidified their spot in the indie diaspora but Isaac decides he needs to publicly leave the band and fuck up all the shows instead of postponing the shows "for health reasons" and letting the band bask in success while formulating their next move. His departure is literally going to kill this band as most fans aren't going to consider any future work "true BCNR" without him. These guys could have been huge but I can't help but feel this shot all the bandmembers in the foot but they had no choice but to say "mental health is important"

Attached: fsrrb4.jpg (580x386, 30.73K)

just say you're a pussy as well, you're not fooling anyone

It's almost certainly the later, no? AFUT is quite clearly a breakup album

I can't wait til 2094 when a single molecule of cortisol gets you sick leave

Fuck that. Just start drinking or doing drugs like a real fucking rockstar. Too much of a pussy? Don’t start a fucking band, then.

They aren't gladiators here to destroy themselves for your personal entertainment

Sure they are. This is showbiz, baby. They bleed and suffer and pour out their heart for our entertainment. That’s what it is to be a rockstar. And when one of them kills themselves, they are made into a hero for a generation.

The 'rock star' has been dead for 25 years, and won't ever return until rock has the mainstream credibility where massive audiences care enough about the drug use and philandering of rock musicians.

>it's never coming back in a million years
lol tru

mental health awareness creates more problems than solve them

The new generations simply don't get self sacrifice. They can't fathom that someone may be willing to push through their misery to achieve something. I realized it in the previous Olympics when Biles bailed and she got compared to Kerri Strug. Zoomers couldn't understand why Strug would jump with a broken ankle. They didn't see anything heroic on it. They were horrified. I don't know if that's good or not, but don't expect anything too great from this generation. They don't have it in them to go beyond their limits.

>zoomers think it's dumb to win a competition at the price of permanently fucking your leg
they're smarter than you

For people who are more aware of BC;NR than I am, I have two questions

1) Any chance that Isaac comes back?
2) Is the band fucked without him?

>1) Any chance that Isaac comes back?
Sure. It's not like he left in bad terms, as far as we know.
>2) Is the band fucked without him?
Who knows. They used to have another lead before Isaac. It was his band actually and they threw him out. I guess we'll see who takes the lead now. Hopefully not Georgia, since her own music is awful.

Kerri regretted it after and fucked up her ankle permanently

tiktok