Need help fixing an amp

Hey frens, so ya, I have an old amp that im trying to fix, im in a bit of a fucking rut, I took it apart and found the issue, a resistor is completely fried, but its fried to the point where I cant even read the colour coding on it so I can replace it. Now this would be fine if it were for an amp the was popular, but its not, they dont even make this shit anymore.

Its an old Canadian amp, the company does not exist anymore.
Rexx RG45

Here are some pics, where do I go from here? How do I track down the original schematic so I can get the correct resistor I need to replace

In this image its resistor number 78 that was completely fried, I already took it out, im replace R77,78,79

Any help would be apprectiated, any idea how I would find the original schematic for this amp?

Rexx Acoustics RG45

Thanks frens

Attached: amp1.png (1264x1685, 3.78M)

Attached: amp2.png (1248x1664, 3.34M)

Attached: amp3.png (1664x1248, 3.3M)

Attached: amp4.png (1664x1248, 2.51M)

Attached: amp5.png (1248x1664, 2.79M)

If you can’t find schematics online than I’d recommend tossing it in the trash. It doesn’t look like much of an amp anyway and you don’t want to risk shocking yourself if you don’t know what you are doing

you can see the fried resistor in pic 5, so ya I seriously need help because i cant find any data sheets or anything about this amp! Where would I search for the kind of information, I've already combed through google and found nothing. Please help frens, Thanks in advance, im gonna post this in as many places as possible because i think its going to be hard to find anyone with this shit

Attached: amp6.png (1664x1248, 2.84M)

i know what im doing, its actually a pretty decent amp and rare, its literally one resistor i cant identify, i wont be throwing this out, this has more sentimental value than anything, it belonged to my older brother who got me into guitar and was the first amp i ever had

so it's just a resistor issue? Nothing else caused the resistor to fry? Why did it fry then? Was it a shitty resistor? Will all the other resistors eventually need to be replaced?

I'm not saying DON'T fix it, but I am saying, stop being a nigger and buy another amp.

Would SteveHoffmanForums be a better place to ask maybe? Most of the posters here are zoomer yanks who listen to music through their smartphone's speaker, user

i do have other amps lol, i just opened this one up and am at a standstill, there doesnt appear to be any other issue than the one resistor, everything functions on the amp except for the MAIN input, not a nigger here buddy

Attached: canukdrip.png (1498x1124, 2.61M)

>Canada
>guns
>strat
Cringe

Honestly though jokes aside you should be able to find a schematic. I’ve had to find similar schematics for similarly obscure amps. It just takes patience and checking wherever amps or vintage electronics are repaired

I'm not your buddy, guy.

solder in a 1Mohm potentiometer and turn it until the amp works.

Tube amp tech here. What are the other symptoms except the faulty main input?

Attached: 74F32BD9-6483-4473-8BE7-75FFE2CC90D3.png (800x409, 728.44K)

you got a problem with a strat bro? wtf

thanks fren, ya ive been searching, i know if i keep at it everywhere something will come up, im looking through the net right now, if this doesnt work than ill hit up all the music shops tmrw on my day off, i already committed and its such an easy fix, its really not a great amp but it has personal value to me

that was literally it, the effect send/return works, i can plug in there if i want, the switch works, and the 9v overload works for powering pedals etc, so when i opened it up, i saw the one fried resistor and the other two adjacent to the left and right of it were damaged too, so i want to replace all three, i just cant identify the ohm values of the resistor since its cripy

would this cause any of the other resistors to fail during the process?

I see that. Can you check what this resistor is connected to? I suspect it’s a part of an rc filter network for smoothing ac and getting dc power at the end. Definitely too much current went through it.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 1E0EF6D8-50A6-4720-A70E-C5D0E8E90375.jpg (1264x1685, 596.92K)

This guys got the right idea. Start out on max. resistance and dial it down until it starts working.

Either that or read the bands on the fried one the colours tell you the resistance and get a replacement of the same value

>i know what im doing

Then what are you asking us for, you retarded third world ape?

Fuck off with your poverty shit amp.

Attached: 1393251660330_td-kill-yourself.jpg (690x460, 34.27K)