Queen is the most overrated band of all time. Can't stand their fruity glam rock flamboyant opera "music"

Queen is the most overrated band of all time. Can't stand their fruity glam rock flamboyant opera "music".

Attached: pepe.jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

What a brave opinion to state on Any Forums...

Surely there are some based posters here to agree with me

Actually...YOUR favorite band is the most overrated band of all time.

Attached: OP.jpg (640x512, 30.6K)

I like the first part of that Highlander song.

What if you were the only person alive who hates Queen? How would you deal with that?

Literally impossible because my favourite band is picrel. Checkmate.

Attached: The_Fabs.jpg (1110x1110, 195.12K)

I hate them just because their music sucks.

I would think I'm right and everyone else is a brainwashed NPC.

Attached: 53csbx.jpg (300x290, 48.04K)

I kind of agree, still love bohemian and some others songs but their LPs are extremely frontloaded. Still the evolution of the band is interesting going from prog/hard rock/heavy metal to pop rock

That is objectively the most overrated band of all time

Queen is alright but We Will Rock You is genuinely one of the worst songs ever made. Just fucking awful.

Attached: 1309564847615.jpg (480x360, 12.85K)

Queen is the best pop act of the 20th century after Pink Floyd

>Queen are especially attractive for the 'pseudo-intellectual' music fans, that is, the kind of dudes who are way too slow, close-minded and poor-educated to recognize really timeless music like Genesis, King Crimson, or Jethro Tull, but which are quick to jump on the Queen bandwagon because... because, after all, the music of Queen is quite suitable for those people. Because: 1) Queen rock - at times, harder than Led Zeppelin, and that makes up for some great headbanging; 2) Queen are artsy - they tackle opera and other classical subgenres, and so they must be a 'clever' band; 3) Queen are accessible - their songs aren't too long, they are great to sing along with, and they do not overabuse weird instrumentation or eerie special effects to distract the listener.
>One thing I must warn you about first: please, for Heaven's sake, pay no attention to Freddie Mercury and the others' lyrics. They are atrocious, horrendous, abysmal, some of the worst crap I've ever witnessed. Basically, lyrics are either supposed to mean something or just to sound cool, sometimes both. Well, Freddie and co. always wrote lyrics that did neither. The imagery in their songs is pretentious, senseless, pointless, not to mention that it's badly, oh so badly cliched - at least Jon Anderson of Yes did not rely so heavily on poetic formulas invented long before him, trying out his own word combinations. Freddie just seems like he's taking certain gothic poetry books off the shelf and randomly picking out quotations. Unfortunately, this unbelievably cheap trick also works for the fans - many take that great lyrical put-on for real.

Attached: 76981859-A094-46E0-BD55-26AF4FFBBC36.jpg (1046x1385, 82.78K)

based

It's not an opinion it's a fact.

Queen have better lyrics than most prog bands

Would you say they're better than Genesis, King Crimson, or Jethro Tull? If so, which?

Queen sucks

Holy mother of based

Oasis clears