Is this the greatest avant medieval club album of all time?

Is this the greatest avant medieval club album of all time?

Attached: 2841-1278465007.jpg (1407x1407, 632.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYBLVf67Hz4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv2R2qhwvFM
youtube.com/watch?v=oCikD1xcv0o
youtube.com/watch?v=Xiiy8vEWj-g
youtube.com/watch?v=-9_sTTYXcwc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People should listen to soundtracks more. Some of the most innovative music gets made there since the only hard requirement is no lyrics

Name 3 more innovative soundtracks, bonus points if those are vidya soundtracks
>since the only hard requirement is no lyrics
That's as true as it is in other music genres, a lot of soundtracks have lyrics (and they ended up being really cringe)

I always view people who listen primarily to soundtracks as \cringe. It's good for the context of the media for which it's produced and nothing else

Not him, but
John Carpenter's horror synth OSTs
Ghost In The Shell's fusion of bulgarian chants and cyberpunk ambient
Ennio Morricone highly influential OSTs

>Ghost In the Shell and Ennio Morricone
True
>john carpenter's horror synth OSTs
I haven't listened to those, what is innovative about them?

arguably created the horror synth genre
also as cringe as the fanbase is, Hotline Miami's OST was crucial in popularizing synthwave and chillwave

Shogun 2 has one of the best soundtracks

Attached: D951BAFD-70DF-402D-B98E-58EE0F7D15C8.jpg (599x900, 218.49K)

Why is this viewpoint so pervasive on Any Forums? I can think of only these reasons
>soundtrack as a genre being mainstream on the internet
>soundtracks being "made" by corporate entities
>Any Forums's hatred for the audience of this genre ie Any Forums and Any Forumstards and tourists

Don't know why only music in song-album format is considered as having artistic value on here

I'd like to add
>Akira
For utilising Indonesian tribal music in a cyberpunk setting
>Tom and Jerry
For utilising and arguably popularising atonal/12tone music. I don't know if they were the first though.

because that's pretty much that's what happens, a movie, anime, vidya, etc. have a big impact on the enjoyer and they associate that impact with the music as well, no matter how generic it actually is

I'm not saying that soundtracks have no artistic value, but people listen to the wrong soundtracks
At least I'm glad that a soundtrack like evergrace get shilled here and not the ones of your 5/10 flavour of the month modern RPG

>lyrics
Lyrics are really cool when used to punctuate important moments (Attack on Titan), but they are pretty cringe as background music.
Except for FLCL which just has a full rock album as its soundtrack and is pretty awesome

I think those generic soundtracks work as a substitute for pop music. I discovered a lot of music through vidya and anime soundtracks so I have a soft spot for them. But yeah generic orchestral soundtracks are very boring.

Also I think you underestimate how innovative soundtracks can be in even the most mainstream games, in my experience the most popular soundtracks are the most innovative.

>It's good for the context of the media for which it's produced and nothing else
Not always. OP is a good example. The game sucks and barely anyone has played it but the soundtrack is great and stands by itself.

*blocks Evergrace's path*
The most dissonant video game soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=vYBLVf67Hz4

Attached: Drakengard_US_Cover_art.png (250x353, 198.59K)

Video game and movie soundtracks use dissonance too often for it too count.
Any ost with unique textures and tone colour?

Drakengard has the scariest soundtrack of almost anything I've heard.
This track in particular.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv2R2qhwvFM

Attached: 1639187260938.jpg (960x720, 60.13K)

>I think you underestimate how innovative soundtracks can be in even the most mainstream games, in my experience the most popular soundtracks are the most innovative.
That depends of the medium and the era of said medium, at least in vidya I agree that decades ago the most iconic soundtracks became iconic for a reason. but nowadays I haven't listened to anything that feel at the very least distinctive in the context of music as a whole

Does this count for you?
youtube.com/watch?v=oCikD1xcv0o
youtube.com/watch?v=Xiiy8vEWj-g
youtube.com/watch?v=-9_sTTYXcwc

Thanks user I'll check em out
I'd say the exact opposite, ost is more fun and varied now because of hardware limitations being pretty much gone and dynamic music being the norm. Plus today soundtracks are very important to video game consumers.

If you haven't already you should try Hollow Knight for the soundtrack and sound design alone

>I don't know if they were the first though.
wasn't looney tunes first?

I think Looney Tunes was more jazzy big band stuff while Tom and Jerry had atonal music in the chase sequences