Face it

Without eminem rap would be nothing
>no eminem therefore
>no D12
>no 50 cent therefore
>no G unit therefore
>no Game
and so on. Without Eminem rap would've never reached worldwide appeal, it would've stayed a genre only american blacks are into.

Now thank eminem.

Attached: eminem.jpg (2000x2000, 464.7K)

>Without Eminem rap would've never reached worldwide appeal, it would've stayed a genre only american blacks are into.
This is true and I think black people hate him for touristifying their genre, but the sales and worldwide appeal are probably a positive.
Rap God is a boring peepeepoopoo song but it made headlines because of the world record and because of it many people started to respect rap as a genre.

Eminem was an absolute phenomenon on the same level as michael jackson back in the early-mid 2000's. A lot of people don't understand that he's single handedly responsible for raps worldwide appeal - before him it was strictly american blacks into the genre. Rap god had nothing to do with it btw, eminem brought the genre to the whole world over a full decade before rap god released lol

I can guarantee you that while 2000s stuff made him a legend in the west, Rap God is what made rap a worldwide mainstream genre
t. Eastoid

>Without Eminem rap would be nothing

And how exactly has he elevated the genre? Considering he refers to himself as a "modern-day Shakespeare" and is the most sucessful modern day poet but what has he done in the last 20 years of his career that wasn't achieved in the first 3? Or that hadn't been done before? What has he done for the literary genre? Such a great writer, where are the scripts, the screenplays or literally anything that isn't another shitty rap talking about shitty rap topics? Why not write stories or fucking something that demonstrates his full creativity? Oh look it's Eminem, the best rapper in the world, rapping about how he's the best rapper in the world for the 100th time, or how he hates his wife/mother/female celebrity. SO deep.

In the beginning...
>You see I'm just Marshall Mather's, I'm just a regular guy I don't know why all the fuss about me.
Now...
>I'M A RAP GOD, RAP GOD

Gimme a break.

rap is nothing

thx em

He is talking about popularity not quality (which Em doesn't lack either)
Also you misinterpret rap as poetry set to beats which is why you are looking for literary depth, but the origins of rap are more in emceeing than in poetry, and all the cliches come from there.
I agree with you about his first 3 years completely mogging the rest of anything he's ever done

eminem songs have literally been analyzed in college classes

Attached: pep43.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Wait, people think Eminem wasn't popular before Rap God?

Yes i know, Eminem is the most popular rapper, hence the scrutiny.
I also know about raps origins and it's irrelevant to my point. He has literally compared himself to one of the greatest writers/poets in English history, his whole shtick is that he sits down and thoughtfully writes his raps. Even some of the music videos have him sitting down, wearing a pair of glasses and thoughtfully rubbing his chin as he apparently jots down another idea, which is probably some shitty dick-joke or something.
Also, if the so-called best in the business cannot elevate the genre beyond shitty cliches, even after all this time than maybe he's just not that great. Oh, don't get me wrong i mean hes great at rapping about how he hates his wife and or hates... Madonna or Britney Spears or Mariah Carey or how he hates... Trump? OR whatever he hates these days.
But where are the genuinely original ideas? Something truly new?

Many things are analyzed in college classes, did you personally analyze his songs in college? If so, what was the conclusion? What actual benefit would there be to analyzing his songs? Just saying, Oh but they were analyzed in college classes is such a vague, meaningless thing to say i bet you don't even know what that means.

we're getting old, user. I've met people who are into eminem who haven't even heard anything from SSLP-Encore era..

>Whites won't listen to black music until a white man "legitimizes" it, a la Elvis
Is this your argument? Cool. Agreed.

I think it goes deeper than that, you're being reductive, but essentially yes.

Eminem, being white, naturally themes his music after things white people can relate to. For example talking about raping or killing his mother - this sort of absurdist humour is something white people enjoy, it speaks to something inherent in our psyches, where as black people generally find it unsettling or corny. 90% of eminems music has a layer of irony to it, it's supposed to be fucking ridiculous.

Instead black people like dead serious, ego-amplifying music, which talks about wanton violence or destroying anyone who opposes in in a a non figurative, literal way. This sort of music I myself find corny as its seriously glorifying predatory behavior, or societal decay.

White people don't like eminem because he looks like us. White people like eminem because, being white, he's genetically inclined to say things we understand on a genetic level.

Yes I'm schizo and low IQ but I'm right.

>but I'm right.
2/3

eminem is like pokemon. he was good for like 2 or 3 years and somehow remains relevant through a core following of losers who missed the original hype

No, you are objectively wrong and mistaking what appeals to you personally as something that appeals to "white people" as if you are some sort of spokesperson. Rapping in a high pitched voice doesn't make it "ironic" and there isn't some deep message in his lyrics that resonates with "white people", it was a novelty act that never evolved beyond it's initial premise.

I think most of his shit since he came back from rehab in like 2009 is bad, although there are some gems here and there (mostly on relapse imo.) But yeah if you're listening to eminem and the bulk of what you're listening to isn't SSLP, MMLP, TES, to an extent Encore and some key features/collabs, then what's even the fucking point?

That says more about colleges than his music

Eminems initial trajectory was interesting. He was poor and frustrated, he longed for success and this was reflected on his first Dre produced album. Being the massive success that album became, many were genuinely curious what he would even rap about on his 2nd album, now he got what he wanted and was successful beyond his wildest dreams. The MMLP referenced this. It was kind of meta. Eminem knew what people were saying and he addressed every point, that was impressive.

After that it was just Eminem rapping about random shit, him calling himself the best etc. and just saying shit for shock value with no real underlying theme, Pretty disappointing and now he's all woke and up his own ass so far he think his shit don't stink.

>Rapping in a high pitched voice doesn't make it "ironic"
Are you arguing that the majority of eminems earlier music isn't very clearly filled with ironic humour? Half the time when I'm listening to eminem its like listening to a comedy routine - and thats his intention. That you can't see this either belies low IQ - or, and this is what I personally think is the case, some gripe you have with eminems music that's causing you be biased. As well; you've probably never even listened to his music much at all and therefore are unjustified in having a strong conviction about his intent, or if there's deeper meaning in his music.
wtf are you even talking about retard

See, you trying to insult me just compromises your msg and does not, in fact insult me. The only offensive thing i find about your insults is their lack of creativity.
>low iq
>retard
I can see eminems fans share his wit and creativity.
Also:
>you've probably never even listened to his music much at all
>some gripe you have with eminems music that's causing you be biased
>you've probably never even listened to his music much at all

Which one is it? I obviously have some gripe with his music, were you able to figure that out all on your own, just by reading my posts you fucking genius?

Yes his earlier music has an element of humor. Give me an example, just one, in your own words demonstrating this "ironic humor". Tell me what makes it ironic, and not just humorous to you personally- betcha can't.