I need something to play for a competition

Give me ideas for something I can play on the alto saxophone unaccompanied
Cheers

Attached: frog band.gif (753x184, 59.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aoDhBdMLzOM
youtu.be/RPjL909DiVIp
youtu.be/wCweFfcV7Xo?t=312
youtube.com/watch?v=JdKTUfOxDgw&ab_channel=RussianPhilharmonic-MoscowCitySymphony
youtu.be/TguVKVwqrwU?t=97
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mark's Theme from Ants From Up There

Too simple

youtu.be/aoDhBdMLzOM

Recreate this then. That should he very hard considering you will need to replicate the baritone sax parts somehow
youtu.be/RPjL909DiVIp

Have you decided user? What kinda competition is it?

Play this, nigger:

youtu.be/wCweFfcV7Xo?t=312

Woodwind solo Competition
There's gonna be grills there so I gotta look good
Thinking of playing this, since I already have the sheet music for it
Not playing all ten minutes youtube.com/watch?v=JdKTUfOxDgw&ab_channel=RussianPhilharmonic-MoscowCitySymphony
All too based for me, couldn't possibly do them justice

You can try this, it sounds really cool:

youtu.be/TguVKVwqrwU?t=97

You probably won't get satisfactory responses here if its a classical/serious competition. Try /classical/

Has to be played unaccompanied, the most I can get is someone playing a piano backing track
Does sound cool though

Attached: 44-445392_pink-panther.png (693x780, 369.17K)

Transcribe any holdsworth solo

OP, I’m sorry, but you may be retarded. The competition surely has some defining parameters regarding repertoire that you’re failing to mention. For one thing, the number of works for unaccompanied saxophone is surely very limited, so if you’re not familiar, surely fucking Any Forums won’t be, either. Ask your teacher, dumbass. There’s also a good forum called Sax on the Web. Are transcriptions allowed? Could any of Bach’s solo violin works be adapted to the sax? I have limited experience with the sax repertoire, but I recall enjoying the works of Bozza, specifically his “Pulcinella”

Fuck you and good luck with your competition

>OP, I’m sorry, but you may be retarded.
Probably true since I came here for advice, but I found the parameters you were looking for
>Competitors must perform one piece only, which must not exceed five minutes
>A copy of the music must be provided for the judge
>Competitors must provide their own accompanist, CD's or tapes not allowed
>The following instruments may be played in this competition, recorder, flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe or bassoon
That's all of them, besides entry fee etc, so it seems anythings allowed song-wise
I'll look into Bozza and see if I can get a transcription somewhere if I like it
Thanks

bump

Are you unable to get an accompanist? Seems like it would be a good idea to have one

I can get one, I just need to send him the sheet music and he'll play

yakety sax

Giant Steps.

21st century schizoid man

Do you mean before or after Careless Whisper?