The Strokes were BCNR for millennials

The Strokes were BCNR for millennials
>"new" sound that is only new for the average top 40 listener
>members are children of elite business men
>mostly popular due a shill campaign by their label
>an indie staple for the following decade despite being a big label act

Attached: 1645543609610.jpg (380x380, 12.96K)

Oh please the strokes were way more popular than bcnr will ever be

BCNR was on an indie label and going to play 200 seat venues
The Strokes were on a major label headlining the major festivals within a year

Attached: 300px-Reading_2002-08-24_–_line-up_poster.jpg (300x455, 49.99K)

>BCNR for millennials

What a ridiculous take

exactly. BCNR cannot even fade into obscurity as they will remain there forever. BCNR was the flavor of the week indie mid-shit for pseudo-intellectual zoomers. worst part about the Strokes was that they brought in a wave of derivative landfill trash that was almost exclusively listened to by retards and teenage millennials.

The strokes were fun tho

The Strokes are still great live to this day and you can't deny how good Julian is at branching out i.e. the Voidz. One of the only industry plants I actually appreciate.

I don't think a single person thought it was a new sound, most people thought it was refreshing to hear a band that didn't sound like all the nu metal stuff that was popular around the same time. They did benefit a lot from them all being from well off family, especially Julian, but I think they are extremely talented and put out some great music in the 2000s and 2010s. Julian even addressed the whole issue with his background in a interview I think. He seemed like he was always appreciative of the opportunities he got cause of it, but he obviously didn't want to be seen as the kid that got famous of of his daddy.

The Strokes sound good and made a couple of classic tunes. So far, BCNR hasn't done that or shown that they have the potential to do so.

>big label
>Ninja Tune
Choose one

Never heard of any of BC,NR’s members being children of “elite businessmen,” I hardly think the bassist being the daughter of a musician qualifies the whole group in that regard

Since when did Any Forums become so obsessive over parentage, instead of discussing, say, actual music?

Sounds like Karl Hyde's goons have got to you, thoughts and prayers x

>Since when did Any Forums become so obsessive over parentage, instead of discussing, say, actual music?
Probably just seething over the fact that normal people can't hit it big anymore, like in the grunge days. Everything about that sentence is rife with inaccuracies, but that's the gist of it.

>Probably just seething over the fact that normal people can't hit it big anymore,
honestly this.
no more arctic monkey breakout bands
no more regular Any Forumshipinion/myspace dudes hitting it big becoming chillwave/edm sensations
that's all in the past now and people can't take it.

The Strokes were cool unlike those fucking losers

millenials be like this corpo crap from my childhood/teen years is le good because... it just is OK!?

Strokes were cool though. BCNR are fags

nobody said it was good. maybe as a teen it was good. OP said:
>>"new" sound that is only new for the average top 40 listener
don't worry zoomer, once your balls drop you may change your mind about BCNR

>nobody said it was good.

Strokes had tunes though, they weren't tryhard faggots

user why are you counting the opinions of literal npc's on a brazillian basketweaving forum?

the new abnormal is really good and I haven't seen it brought up here on Any Forums for how much the band is referenced. Why is that?

Attached: strokes.jpg (474x474, 94.54K)