Why was there such a big movement of "friendly" rap in the early 2010s...

Why was there such a big movement of "friendly" rap in the early 2010s? I don't know about other countries outside of the US except for Germany and it was the same here. It sounded much softer, welcoming and just conveyed a good feeling without bragging about trap houses, killing each other and popping pills...

Attached: macmiller.png (1197x817, 1.71M)

ahem, the roots....?

you know rap wasn't about killing, guns, money and drugs until the 90's.

Pretending to like this dork helped me lose my virginity, and for that I'll always appreciate him

This song is really sad

Odd future wave

It's frat rap

I don't know but I miss it. I miss positive naive music in general. Nowadays everything is either sad or too self aware for its own good.

but Odd Future was edgy as hell back then
most of their songs referenced rape or murder

Learn a book kid. OF was nsfw af

Internetkids making mixtapes for fun and the love of music.
They grow up with anime, blogs and forums instead of gangster stuff.

Good times to be honest with you.

Attached: 13934445183.jpg (500x500, 48.96K)

>Internetkids making mixtapes for fun and the love of music.
>They grow up with anime, blogs and forums instead of gangster stuff.
all this is literally still happening

Of course, but now it's all sad or too self aware like said

Almost like the new artists have spent to much time online.

>Almost like the new artists have spent to much time online.
damn.....

your mum is gay

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

mac milar

SMOKE WEED EAT YOGURT

Kill yourself, zoomer.

Yeah but they were obviously just kidding around. They didn’t present themselves as tough or anything

It wasn’t all fun and games.

Attached: D398A465-30FA-4B59-8D67-E628B4E7A451.jpg (625x417, 22.89K)

probably a CIA psyop

Rural white people finally admitted that they liked hip hop and the record labels began to target that demographic. "Mac Miller" as a rapper name was straight up pandering.

Indie landfill was also friendly and heckin' wholesome, so big labels rappers tried to copy that style.