I only like boomer metal that's like 40 years old. Is there something wrong with me?

I only like boomer metal that's like 40 years old. Is there something wrong with me?

Attached: 723bf924.jpg (1000x1000, 97.68K)

You are actually rock and roll fan then.
Old metal is just rock with maximum distortion high pitch vocals

There's only something wrong with people who only listen to contemporary music, it means they have no genuine interest in learning about their so called "hobby"

People like this are a prime example, probably a metalcore fan who doesn't even understand the roots of his own music because they're a lazy poser who only wants the image without the history.

music was fresh and better then, they led the way and now a lot is just rehashing so it doesn't feel genuine anymore

nah you're fine, that's the best metal anyways
metal today is really stale and creatively bankrupt

Absolute tryhard poser shit to say.

Nah, I think it's a natural progression for a metalhead, especially nowadays since all the best metal is old
I started only liking 70s metal, then 70s & 80s, then 70s to 90s etc etc
Still not overkeen on modern metal and only listen to stuff made up to the 2000s desu

I absolutely love my boomer rock/metal but there's a ton of great bands today that match them in quality. kinda weird how it's now of all times that 70s rock is back on the front.
I can name a few if you want

Is it? Sorry but I feel that way about any genre, not just metal. If the only rap you know about is modern day rap, you just don't know shit about the genre even if you present yourself as such.

And if they have listened to all the major influences and still prefer "djent" for example, what do you think of that?

>Is there something wrong with me?
i burned out on it after high school, not sure whose brain is more fried

I have no problem with people having different tastes at all, that's perfectly fine as long as they don't try to rewrite history and say things like "actually only djent is metal, older genres aren't" in which case they'd be showing their ignorance on the topic while simultaneously trying to make objective claims.

Boomer metal was better because it wasn’t so overproduced. Every metal record that comes out these days is quantized, autotuned, and all the drums are replaced with samples. It’s produced like hip hop or top 40 pop. The only metal that isn’t like this is like grindcore and sludgy stoner stuff.

It means you should change your diapers

modern "extreme" metal is an autistic nerd genre with 0 cultural relevance compared to classic heavy metal

> boomer metal that's like 40 years old
We call that diapershit nowadays, grandpa.

Attached: 1626884480015.png (1492x1026, 1.63M)

>old bad
try again, nigger

Go back to your general with your forced meme

you where born in a le wrong generation

No, after the 90's metal became so far removed from its roots that someone who's accustomed to listening to 80's metal feels lost in the current landscape. A lot of this modern shit requires a lot of prerequisite listening to "get". Even I struggle sometimes.

Venom is a good gateway drug into black metal, but it's pretty hard to go straight from Venom to Bathory. I couldn't get Bathory until I got into Razor and Death. Then I struggled to get further into black metal until I got into Immortal and Inquisition. You're also most likely not going to get 80% of metal today if you can't get down with groove metal which is where I'm at. I like Exhorder, but I can't get down with Pantera which is where 80% of modern metal branched off from. A lot of death metal filters me with the inane vapid lyrics and the "grunt like I don't eat fiber" vocals. Most nu-thrash blows and most of the NWOTHM is cheesy hair metal/cheesy euro-trash power metal or bad Iron Maiden clones. The handful of decent bands that escape that are the only ones worth listening to. The modern prog shit is 90% pretentious self indulgent guitar jerk off shit this side of Yngwie Malmsteen. I like Meshuggah and nothing the fuck else. Think of it as the old "boiling the frog" proverb.

What about boomer metal that's older than forty years?