Finally watched this

Finally watched this.

Confirmed what I long suspected to be true for years. Paul literally WAS The Beatles.
Ringo is narcoleptic, John was shooting up in the bathroom and George was completely and utterly talentless. Paul and his beard were the only driving force saving that band from complete mediocrity.

Also, why were the producers shilling to go to Libya so hard when literally none of them wanted to go?

Attached: get back.jpg (1600x2400, 818.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYW9cjcO_SY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Faul Mccartney

Love Paul but I think the Let It Be sessions are a poor indication of where the magic came from. Certainly Sgt. Pepper's and Magical Mystery Tour are without a doubt the most Paul and John focused with George having little input on either album, but when you look at Revolver and Abbey Road George is certainly a key figure to every one of those songs save the obvious Eleanor Rigby and For No One.

Let It Be is at the point where Paul was the only one left to keep things together, though they rallied together once more for Abbey Road which is pretty collaborative and at the time and perhaps still today George's songs were the fan favorites and even John's favorites.

I think it's pretty trite to reduce Lennon to a drug addict when the height of his heroin use was the White Album and he wrote several of his best songs ever for that album.

Fuck Paul and his garbage propaganda, worst Beatle.

George is mopey and has such low self-esteem it's crazy.
There was a shot in episode 1 where they were rehearsing and it zoomed in on George's face and I said "Kek George is so done with this shit." And literally the next scene is him quitting.

Paul had to walk no eggshells with him because they had a lead guitarist who didn't know how to play guitar. Showed virtually no musical improvement and Paul had to explain chord progressions to him like he was a child. That's why George got so triggered, because Paul was putting light on the fact that George can't play.
Also, the scene at the end where George says "I don't wanna go on the roof," he legit looks like he's going to have a panic attack.

In 1969 yes, Paul was the only one who still cared. But thats just a very brief snapshot of their history. It was John’s band to begin with and their output became more collaborative with time, but by the end, Paul had nitpicked the others into a position where they hated the band experience so much that they just let him make the decisions while they sought out other musicians to play with. Paul was far more responsible than Yoko or anyone else for breaking up the band. Brian was the only one who could keep him in check.

Also, John wrote most of his best songs on heroin.

Lennon was above The Beatles concept at that time and was just fucking around, and you can see the spark on his face only when some truly good musical idea is thrown in the air. His writing and melodies will forever be provocative and evocative, not to mention he was one of the firsts to truly mix pop music with musiqe concrete and sound art.
Paul just made boring functional songs.

The self esteem stuff is clockwork hare krishna, they break people down so they can control them
Make the world looks scary and convince you everyone is a demon
Then tell them the only way to cure the demons is to be extremely polite towards them
Never trust a hare krishna

George was the one who had the idea for the "ah...look at all the lonely people" which is arguably the most memorable part of Eleanor Rigby and maybe even Revolver as a whole.

You didn't address anything in my reply. I said that the Let It Be sessions were not a good indication of where the magic of the band came from.

Listen to And Your Bird Can Sing, excellent guitar from George, his solo on Nowhere Man is simple but perfect, and as a song writer he was indeed capable of great songs but only wrote a handful in his entire life, his solo career is largely shit.

Pointing out George's shortcomings as a guitarist or as a person during the Let It Be sessions are insular and don't reflect his importance in the band as a whole. Yes I know Lennon literally said "Well I guess we'll get Clapton" minutes after George left but still it's irrelevant to the big picture of the band.
If you dig really deep you can find that they all just wanted to do other things. Paul thought they could do solo albums and still do The Beatles but that would just never have worked. John told Paul confidentially that he was going to quit the band, which would certainly end the group. However Paul did an advert for McCartney 1 and the interviewer asked him if there were any future plans for The Beatles and in the moment McCartney said no, but I'm not positive he meant he was leaving the band. John took this personally and would later say that Paul was a good "salesman" for doing that interview to push the sales of his first solo album, sort of a misread which Lennon was known to do.

>Yes I know Lennon literally said "Well I guess we'll get Clapton" minutes after George left
This felt more like Lennon making a quip trying to ease the tension than an actual suggestion in the "scene".

Im glad this doc is finally wising people up on George

Yeah, my biggest problem with George is how he was constantly trying to regress the band's sound.
I know the whole point of the Get Back album was supposed to be "we are returning to our rock and roll roots" but the level of quality between Paul and George's songwriting is ridiculous.

Paul writes I Got a Feeling and Get Back, two incredibly well written rock songs with unexpected changes and chords. And what does George write? For You Blue, which is 12 bar blues garbage, and Old Brown Shoe, which is also blues garbage,

And I don't want to hear how he wrote Something and Here Comes the Sun. If you hung out with Mozart for 10 years, you'd be able to write a fluke symphony or two as well.

He apparently wrote Wah Wah right after he quit and was just saving his songs for All Things Must Pass.

Im not sure George wrote the guitar part for And Your Bird Can Sing since Paul is playing a near identical riff at the same time. The Nowhere Man solo kicks ass though I agree.
Georges guitar problem stems from him fucking off on sitar for 2 or 3 years instead of honing in on his guitar skills. When he finally picked up guitar again he got better very quickly. His guitar work on Abbey Road shits on all of his previous work and you actually finally get the impression he might be the best guitarist in the Beatles. Then in typical George fashion he fucks off on slide guitar for the rest of his career.

One time I saw someone point either here or on reddit (yeah, yeah, >le reddit) that George's slide guitar might be the first in mainstream rock to not particularly have a blues/jazz aesthetic, so he's got that going for him at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYW9cjcO_SY

I'm sure his slide is great I just wish he wouldve stuck with traditional guitar playing because I really enjoyed his riffs and solos on Abbey Road and felt like he was really developing into something and then he branched off into somwthing else again like he did with sitar.

>And I don't want to hear how he wrote Something and Here Comes the Sun. If you hung out with Mozart for 10 years, you'd be able to write a fluke symphony or two as well.
i always here this type of criticism of george that tries to downplay his achievements
its also applied to all things must pass where people say "yeah of course its the best album since he had all his best material from his beatles days" as if this someone makes the album worse or not as impressive

I agree with you but I disagree with all of the people that pretend George was the best songwriter just because he had the two best songs on their final album. I like a lot of his Beatles music but he was easily the 3rd best songwriter during the Beatles career.

I thought Ringo was as steady as a rock

don't think you actually watched it at all in fact